Pure Gold Network

Apologies, I meant just for breakfast

1 Like
2 Likes

Awesome to hear Higgo back on the radio. 12-6pm (that’s a long shift!?)

1 Like

Probably longer than normal due to other people being on holidays.

not really… my current shifts are 5pm to midnight. Mind you I just sit there and do bugger all and get paid to watch and listen to the cricket. Happy days :slight_smile:

Weekend live shifts are usually 6 hours.

1 Like

Watch this space, I have a feeling there might be some major changes at Gold / WS. One could only hope for a full blown variety music station with good jocks.

2 Likes

I reckon a Mix/ Star 1045 type station is in the works.

1 Like

Turns out Higgo’s is only temporary filling in over Summer.

WS are going “All 80s” from Boxing Day to New Years Day !!!

7 straight days of nothing but 80s music :clap: :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

That’s a real shame.

Meanwhile, in Brisbane, 4KQ is doing their “Super Sack of 70s Hits”, which started yesterday (Boxing Day) & will continue until 6pm at New Years Eve.

Their playlist can be found here: http://cdn.arn.com.au/media/8345118/santas-sack-2017-sheet1.pdf

2 Likes

From 1 January 4KQ again has their 25 years in 25 days - up to Australia Day. It’s a chance to hear info and audio from iconic news events and TV shows as well as the music from 1964 to 1988.

2 Likes

I’ve really enjoyed the 70s week on KQ. So many great songs I haven’t heard in years.

2 Likes

WSFM playing a heap of fantastic 12 inchers from the 80s tonight. Great listening.

New Sensation from INXS 12 inch is playing right now, and it’s not one that I’ve heard before.

3 Likes

The station will introduce two new workday announcers: Mike Hammond for mornings & Steve Fitton for afternoons. Jason Staveley will remain on drive, as well as maintaining his role as Music Director.

Looking at Online Radio Box, it appears that WS has dropped “80s Lunch” at 12-1pm weekdays. Gold 104.3 is continuing with their “80s Lunch” as normal.

3 Likes

That can only happen if ARN sells off 50% of Nova 93.7 to Nova Ent, who already owns the other 50%.

6iX has been underperforming in the ratings when compared to 4KQ in Brisbane & Cruise in Adelaide, in which they’re rating quite competitively with some of the commercial FM stations. Despite having FM translators in the outer northern & southern suburbs of Perth, 6iX is rating way behind the commercial FM stations, and would have an even tougher battle for the adult audience in the southern suburbs if/when 6MM in Mandurah converts to FM.

2 Likes

Yeah, ARN is probably better off continuing taking 50% of the profits Nova Perth rather than potentially losing money on 6IX.

4 Likes

When the media laws change, couldn’t ARN have all 3 stations?

AFAIK, the new media laws that was changed last year does not include changes to radio ownership (aside from scrapping the 2 out of 3 rule). In other words, the ‘2-station’ rule is still in place, so even if Blyton/Cameron were to sell off 6iX (which seems unlikely), ARN won’t be able to buy it.

Here’s the Broadcasting Legislation Amendment (Broadcasting Reform) Act 2017 for reference: Federal Register of Legislation - Broadcasting Legislation Amendment (Broadcasting Reform) Act 2017

3 Likes