Pure Gold Network

I like Jonesy and Amanda. They are my preferred choice of FM breakfast, after personal devices and the ABC. But they should’nt be national during breakfast.

In fact, that sort of networking should be made illegal. Radio stations, anyone using public spectrum should be serving the area to which they are licensed to FROM the area they are licensed to TARGETING the area they are licensed to, at that time of day. Not relayed from Sydney. If I had my way, and heaven help us because I’d make Kim Jong Un and Donald Trump seem tame, that would be grounds for license termination right there.

3 Likes

I too am predicting Matt and Meshel will end up on Gold.

Jonesy and Amanda are certainly the best breakfast presenters in Sydney. I’d imagine that if it was syndicated nationally the show would perform very well in the ratings in most cities.

But I just don’t know about Melbourne - there is a particular hatred in that city directed towards anything radiating from Sydney. The 2DAY breakfast thing was a small blip on the radar in Sydney, but I’d imagine this would be met with a massive negative reception in Melbourne’s media.

Time to smite ABC Radio National, NewsRadio, Triple J, Classic FM etc.

1 Like

My apologies to you for the late reply…I’ve been bed-ridden with an infected leg…don’t ask…

There’s a difference in the Gold network and the ABC radio networks mentioned. There’s no national commercial license per se - all commercial stations are licensed on a local basis, and therefore have an obligation to those communities. Like 2NM serving the Upper Hunter instead of trying to aim towards Newcastle.

The ABC has a local radio network, and, cutbacks aside, they serve the communities they are licensed to. They don’t need to have a local version of RN, Newsradio, etc, that would be expensive one would assume, and they don’t have the ability to raise revenue through ads, like the commercials do. I’d smite Triple J but that’s personal taste. :laughing:

It’d be a bad move for ARN to syndicate Jonesy and Amanda into Melbourne - Gold FM should have a LOCAL team at that time slot. Sydney is not Melbourne. What is all the rage around here is not the rage down there. All commercial stations should be LOCAL from where they are LICENSED from. If they can’t do it - sell it to someone that can, or shut down the license.

I’d hate for a Sinclar-esque company to come in…oh wait, hai SCA! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

It’s significantly more cost effective to network, and many of the major media companies have friends in high places…

Given Meshel’s characterisation of a ‘weird’ two years and suggestions at a break from breakfast radio, I doubt it. I also doubt that the announcements would have been the shemozzles they are were that the case. They would fit better on Gold than KIIS though.

I highly doubt Jonesy & Amanda will end up on Gold. Not next year anyway. Wait for Nova to complete their apparent ‘national network’ strategy and normalise a national breakfast show and then maybe…

2 Likes

For Jonesy & Armanda to go into Melbourne. ARN will need to rebrand/rename ws-fm to gold fm 101.7 in line with its melbourne counterpart

Although WSFM hasn’t really had any of the “WS” in it for years, somehow I still think that name sounds a bit better (and more local!) than Gold 101.7.

Also, I really don’t like the idea of broadcasting Jonesy & Amanda in Melbourne even though it is one of the more bearable breakfast radio programs in Sydney.

Why?

And that’s the problem. :roll_eyes: They need to taken somewhere and shot. I’d love there to be an Australian revolution where these guys are dispatched of in the gruesomest possible manner.

2 Likes

WSFM are playing “All 80s” music this weekend.

First time they’ve done that for a while.

:grinning:

PREDICTION: Red Symons for Gold104.3 breakfast in 2018.

Please, god, no.

1 Like

4KQ has Hits of Summer this weekend.

1 Like

Somehow I think he’d be too “gold”, but if Classic Rock Radio wanted to try having some voices he’d be great.

Thanks for letting me know it’s an “All 80s” weekend on WSFM. I rarely listen to the radio on the weekend anymore.

I tuned in to WS and the second song playing was Spandau Ballet’s Chant No.1

Pure brilliance.

Loved it and it is not in my MP3 collection. This is when radio is good. Real good.

2 Likes

Is it just a rebroadcast of The 80s? :smiley:

1 Like

He’s not funny. Wouldn’t improve their share. Then again, Duncan hasn’t had much idea what would improve bfast share in Melb.

1 Like

No, no, no. If you want someone that sounds like they’ve been beaten around the head, go for me. ECC for any breakfast radio in Australia in 2018. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’ll sound like vomiting on your radio! :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Gold 104.3’s Big Brekky With El Capitan Cranky.

Pure Puke - not Pure Gold

Gold Melbourne will be just music for Q1