Pure Gold Network

I didn’t read anything special into that when I heard it. They didn’t give any other hints that they would be back anywhere.

No - it’s just the regular breakfast team won’t be presenting. Also the 9 at 9 will continue but with another host.

4 Likes

Me neither. I think it was actually Robin Bailey who said it anyway. It sounded more like an emphasis on the end of 4KQ. Unless of course the team were being careful not to say anything they weren’t allowed to and Robin let it slip…

But really, I don’t think there’s any plan for anything 4KQ to move to 4BH or a competitor. Comments made in the industry groups suggest that 4BH’s eagerness to get some 4KQ audience isn’t reciprocated.

4 Likes

This all sounds very similar to when 96.1 Triple M was sold to Southern Cross in Perth back in the 90’s. Most of the 96.1 on air team disappeared (the ones on actual shows), with casual staff filling in, then all of a sudden, a lot of ex-96.1 staff showed up on PMFM 92.9. Same shows, different station.

I know 4BH isn’t owned by ARN, so it’s a little different, but it sounds like the same sort of thing.

4 Likes

A number of similar things were said this morning and across the last month and not just about the breakfast shift. It’s just a clear way of saying that 4KQ is closing; otherwise if you just say something like “this is the last time you will hear us on breakfast” without adding on 4KQ a listener could assume that someone else was taking over the shift.

2 Likes

JAM Nation shall relocate to 97.3 Brisbane.

1 Like

Is it true 96FM is rebranding as Gold on July 1?

1 Like

More likely 96FM is joining the Pure Gold Network - means the ARN sales people can still promote that the Pure Gold network enables you to reach X number of listeners in whichever age group (ie departure of 4KQ is replaced by 96FM to keep the stats up…)

4 Likes

I hope this is true, being associated with Kiis makes no sense.
The shows don’t suit and the music format is way not in sync.

3 Likes

The Podcast for Laurel, Gary and Marks Final show is now up on Iheart Radio

6 Likes

I agree 96 would be perfect for Pure Gold. However compare what they’ve done in Brisbane with 97.3 moving to KIIS. Now that 4KQ is gone the competitive environment is exactly the same in both cities;

Triple M in both
B105 and Mix
Nova in both
4BH = 6IX

Then you have 97.3 and 96fm. It would seem odd for ARN to put them in different networks given the exact same competitive environment.

I would rather they went with Pure Gold for 97.3 too but don’t get your hopes up.

5 Likes

I heard that this morning,very sad , :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

96FM plays a very different playlist to 97.3 though.

2 Likes

It was very sad hearing the KIIS 97.3 team saying goodbye and how much they will miss their competition and sister station.
Robin has been on Brisbane airwaves for nearly as long as Laurel ,the difference is she’ s been on 3 different stations instead of 30 years at one station like Laurel has

6 Likes

WSFM changes for the next 2 weeks.

-Totally 80s all this weekend
-Ugly Phil will filling in for Jonesy and Amanda
-Steve Fitton on holidays from Monday
-Top 4 from the 4 will be across the workday at 10am, 12pm, 2pm and 4pm

3 Likes

5 Likes

I think the correct title is “Top 4 From Before”?

2 Likes

It does at the moment. Just saying the competitive market is exactly the same so don’t be surprised if it changes

2 Likes

I wouldn’t read too much into DB’s expansion to Brisbane and Adelaide. Perth runs its own race as a hybrid of the two networks. For advertising it is far more lucrative to be aligned with KIIS. The Pure Gold network is really only Melbourne and Sydney. If 4KQ wasn’t making money with top ratings, Cruise would have to be doing worse. Remember Christian O’Connell is on 97.3 and Mix102.3 as well as 96FM.

1 Like

All those years before DAB radio was available when I couldn’t listen to 4KQ in the mornings and all day at work because of not being able to get AM reception at work.Too much interference from fluorescent lighting,machinery,etc😕Otherwise I would definitely have been listening to them then instead of any of the FM stations

5 Likes

gold have 80s weekends

2 Likes