Public Transport

2 Likes

Brisbane:

1 Like

Where do decommissioned monorails end up you ask?

Bathurst, NSW of course!

I took this photo today while walking around Mount Panorama. I’m not sure what the owner plans to do with it. It fronts Conrod Straight so you may see it during race broadcasts.

It still has the old Oasis on Broadbeach livery from when it was in service on the Gold Coast.

8 Likes

Someone’s still? managed to vandalise it, what pigs!

2 Likes
4 Likes

Searching about this bus, there is a photo of it from 1998 with an All Saints ad on the front underneath the windscreen, you’ll need to scroll down the page.

http://www.qocs.org.au/our-buses/bus-827/

End of an era for the Ferry across the Mersey, it’s been canned before but has had a few revivals but I reckon this time it’s finally it.

Unfortunately, the demise is just before things really change with the Devonport waterfront which is looking very different to how it used to with the new Novotel Hotel and walkways and parks being constructed which may have brought a few more people to use the ferry but I doubt enough to make it viable.

If anybody knows what the Devonport waterfront used to look like from sailing in on the Spirit of Tasmania they can see the latest look from the webcams for the hotel development - although they look better during the day.

LIVING CITY Webcams | Living City Urban Renewal Project | Devonport City Council (livingcitydevonport.com.au)

Finally, the last interesting piece of Mersey River information, a couple of weeks ago the two tug boats (York Cove and Campbell Cove) which were sunk by the Goliath ship way back in January were finally retrieved from the bottom of the Mersey and taken to be scrapped.

AAL LIFTS TWO SUNKEN TUGS IN TASMANIA - AAL (aalshipping.com)

Goliath cement ship was in wrong steering mode during crash that sank Tasmanian tugs, report finds - ABC News

This is currently in the courts and will be in the courts for a while between TasPorts and the operators of the Goliath ship but it’s going to be very expensive for the loss of the two tugs, the salvage costs and the berth being out of action for 6 months.

1 Like

I was driving both of them all weekend :blush:

4 Likes

I remember those old buses,from when I first started catching public transport,in the “good old days” before I got my drivers license when I was 19

1 Like

Surely the truck is at fault here. You can’t expect the tram to break.

[Perth/WA]

Airport Line Community Open Day will be held on 9th October as well as free travel on the entire Transperth network.

2 Likes
1 Like