Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

Prime7 News Updates (well at least in Central Victoria) are now in recess Natalie Forrest just signed off saying its her final news update for the year and the usual wishing viewers a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

1 Like

With Prime7 News updates going into recess they have replaced them with 7 News Melbourne updates (No Prime7 6:30pm National updates from what I have seen) Daniel Gibson weather segments have remained but the late one at 10:40ish is longer than normal but the view of the map is unreadable for the towns in the far north. It pans left to right but it looks like it made to move from bottom to top the further north you go the harder it is to read. I have yet to make out the temperatures for Deniliquin how they allow this to go to air how is I don’t know

A friend told me to watch GWN7 News tonight as there was a story with him being interviewed. So I confidently told him I’ll catch the recording on YouTube later tonight as I won’t be home to watch the live broadcast. Of course, GWN stopped uploading their bulletins at the start of December. Typical. The only time I’ve ever needed to use their YouTube channel and they canned it. I wonder why?

Isnt it repeated in the early hours of the morning before infomercials? I see it in the Tv guide for 1am.

Yep, so I’m lucky in this case. It’s still weird that they stopped it when Prime7 appears to continue uploading their bulletins.

I think Prime7 also stopped uploading bulletins earlier this month, but now they’re doing it again. No idea why GWN7 hasn’t resumed though.

1 Like

They’re probably short staffed for the holidays. These regional newsrooms are stretched thin as it is.

1 Like

One thing I hope Prime7 does in 2017 is to bring back a weather presenter for the evening weather updates for the “noodle” update areas.

The only ones I ever saw this year had graphics and music only… I found them very awkward to watch.

(I think regions still lucky enough to get the 30 minute local news at 6 were still getting evening weather updates with a presenter).

1 Like

I’d personally also like to see Prime7 do a full refresh of their news presentation in 2017 rather than just more tacky tweaks but as usual, I’m not holding my breath for that!

I think the Prime7 News Weather Updates shown during Seven News in non-bulletin regions (as well as maybe the updates later at night?) are still done by a weather presenter, from what I remember seeing on Prime7 South Coast in Late October. But I agree that those updates with just graphics and music are rather awkward to watch!

1 Like

I might be out on my own on this one, but the weather presenter is now redundant IMO

2 Likes

Freya Cole has been doing reports for 7news Sydney explains why there has been fill in presenters

1 Like

when this happens I automatically think of the SBS Weatherwatch. It’s depressing

3 Likes

SOOOO I am in a cafe on Canberra’s North side this afternoon.
As I wait for my friend to arrive, two guys at the next table are talking very loudly and their conversation went a bit like this…

“How are you liking working at Prime?”

“yeah not bad, will be good once the show is up and running”

“When does it start?”

“Well I think they wanted to surprise 9 and do it this month but it’s taking a while”.

Sounds to me like talk of a news bulletin? for Canberra maybe?
Has anybody else heard anything?

4 Likes

There there is enough information for DeciderTV to exclusively confirm it!
It’s hard to think of anything else they could do that Nine would really care about.

3 Likes

I wonder what “show” that will be. Do TV news people call their news programmes ‘shows’?
Prime7 have had good enough ratings for ages that I’d think they should’ve been able to afford a Canberra version of 7 News, so why’d they wait for Nine to announce theirs?
If it is a news service, it’ll probably be a resurrection of a WIN-like separate local news, and that’ll still mean having to put up with all that irrelevant Sydney news (traffic on the M5, that car arsonist in a Sydney suburb, local council trouble, whatever).
They can’t even get 7HD & 7flix on, so I won’t hold my breath.

2 Likes

It sounds like the friend may have been out of the industry, so terminology may not have been correct.

[quote=“TV-ACT, post:176, topic:217”]
it’ll probably be a resurrection of a WIN-like separate local news, and that’ll still mean having to put up with all that irrelevant Sydney news
[/quote]Prime do their local news by airing the 30 minute local bulletin at 6pm followed by a NSW/National bulletin presented by Prime at 6.30 - so there wouldn’t be much Sydney centric stuff.

Seven don’t have a nightly national bulletin so if Prime7 show 7News after their own local news it’d be the Sydney edition so how wouldn’t it have the local Sydney-centric content we see now?

Edit: Sprry I read the previous post too quickly & missed that Prime7 create their own national news bulletin.

Prime7 News at 6.30pm with Daniel Gibson (basically just a condensed and Prime7-ised version of Seven News Sydney) is probably what they’d show, as per the Wagga, Central West, North West & North Coast viewing areas.

3 Likes

Ah thanks, I haven’t seen it and had forgotten the mention of it here.
(Given Prime7 have that I’d started to think why don’t they show it in Canberra now, but of course they’d have to fill 30 minutes with something that doesn’t turn away viewers.)
On the original rumour, perhaps it’s just disinformation to try & worry Nine (& WIN).

Yeah but why would some dude in a cafe be giving ‘disinformation’ to his mate?