Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

Regional Vic not getting it according to the TV guide.

The guide at yourtv.com.au is listing it for Prime7 in Victoria.

It’s airing in all Prime7 and GWN7 markets.

Some caps from the Ice program:

6 Likes

Out of interest, does anyone have a clip of the GWN Newshour from mid - late 1990s? I’m looking for a version with the station ID which mixed into the news opener. Do you think I can find one anywhere…

There’s one on YouTube somewhere but it’s very bad quality. I’ll try and find it later today for you.

I have a copy on VHS somewhere from a visit to Kalgoorlie in 1996. Reception was woeful but i know the intro you’re talking about. I’ll see if I can find it.

1 Like

It was such a good package. Movie and sport openers also had a similar design, with the ident morphing into the opener.

1 Like

It rated well too (for the markets it aired in), 6th for the night in regional ratings :slight_smile:

If only they could do a deal with Seven to have it air in regional QLD & Southern Cross to have it air in Tasmania.

1 Like

I think I have the movie intro as well…

1 Like

I have some dodgy stuff from when I was a 14 year old with a handy cam pointed at the TV… I’ll have to dig that up somehow. It was a great package for its time.

If only they could do a deal with Seven to have it air across Australia.

1 Like

It was that package that got me interested in television. I would have been 11 years old when I noticed the PRG had changed one night, and the rest of my TV geek journey is history. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

it can be viewed online at https://au.prime7.yahoo.com/a1/news/prime7-ice-special/

2 Likes

I think we all have one of those stories. Mine was searching the TV guides on Teletext and realizing Southern Cross and ABC weren’t the only channels in the country!

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply, I would still rather see it broadcast on FTA across Oz so many more people would see it.

Meanwhile, Prime7 has got some numbers to report… although it only mentions NSW and Victoria. No mention of GWN7?

COMPELLING NEWS SPECIAL ATTRACTS STRONG AUDIENCE

ICE: The Scourge of Regional Australia proved compelling viewing last night, as the most watched program recording a peak audience of more than 400,000 viewers across Northern NSW, Southern NSW and Victoria.

Produced by PRIME7 News and presented by acclaimed Australian journalist Ray Martin, ICE: The Scourge of Regional Australia exposed the dramatic consequences of the rising ice epidemic plaguing regional communities.

Commenting on the ratings result, PRIME7 Head of News Paul Patrick said, “It is pleasing that a locally produced program has resonated so strongly with regional viewers, we see great opportunity to tell more stories on the issues affecting regional Australia".

An encore screening of ICE: The Scourge of Regional Australia will be shown 4.00pm Saturday 10th December of PRIME7.

For more information on ICE: The Scourge of Regional Australia go to www.prime7.com.au

1 Like

I found a movie opener! Apologies for quality.

5 Likes

Release says “as the most watched programme”

What does that mean, it was the #1 show for the night ?

Hard to know context of the 400k when we don’t know what anything it was up against rated or indeed anything else for the night

Note the use of “peak audience”. But well done to them nonetheless, they deserve some attention.