Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

Albury airs an edited 30 minute bulletin of 7 News following the local News. It then joins the live broadcast for the sport report/weather.

Okay, so what’s “National News”? Is that NBN News? Because in Northern NSW it dominates “Seven News”. That’s what I was trying to say.

National News is what they brand the 6-7pm newshour for 9-NBN and 9-SCA stations in the ratings.

2 Likes

Instead of Nine News Sydney, Northern NSW gets NBN News at 6pm. Presented/produced from Newcastle with local, state, national and international content.

As it’s been covered many times before, the Central West (Dubbo/Orange/Bathurst), Wagga, Border (Albury/Wodonga), North West (Tamworth/Armidale/etc) and North Coast (Forster to Tweed Heads) regions all get local Prime7 News bulletins. Other areas of NSW, Victoria & the Gold Coast just get Seven News at 6pm and short local updates.

1 Like

Only weather updates. Same as Shepparton.

1 Like

Not true, when i lived in Deniliquin we got Prime7 News updates.

Not true, here are some recent updates for Victoria thanks to @CQtvNetwork

Western Victoria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVgt6zpHwUk

Bendigo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jym--GiaqDA

1 Like

Whenever I’ve watched Prime in Shepparton, I’ve only seen the “national” updates with Daniel Gibson during the evenings or weather updates. Maybe they don’t produce local news for that market.

No local news for Shepparton. If you’ve seen a ‘local’ update it’s most likely been snuck in by accident. They don’t get local content points for producing for an extra market in Victoria so they don’t bother.

Yes, both Shepparton and Gold Coast get the ‘national’ updates from Daniel Gibson. Gold Coast gets the Sydney backdrop (which is ridiculous considering how close it is to Brisbane, but anyway). Not sure about regional Victoria.

Yeah we get the Sydney backdrop, and they referred to Mike Baird as “the premier”, which I thought was pretty bad considering the Shepparton market isn’t that far from Melbourne…

1 Like

Yeah. You’d think they’d do 3 generic NSW/Canberra, VIC and Gold Coast versions? Mike Baird can’t be the premier in 3 states and a territory? :confused:

Don’t quote me on this, but I’m pretty sure that SCA Nine also don’t do any local news updates for the Shepparton/Goulburn Valley region even though they used to (back in 2011-15 when the station was still SC10, of course) do the local “Weeknights” program there.

Also, I agree that it’s rather ridiculous how they air the “Prime7 News at 6.30pm” updates into Shepparton and the Gold Coast. Wouldn’t just running the Seven News updates be more relevant than that?

More specifically Shepparton is in the same local area as Albury, so the Albury bulletins would get them all the points they need for that area.
It would be a similar situation for the Gold Coast being in the same local area as Lismore.

You may have been receiving the Bendigo signal or a translator from the Bendigo market.

It’s AMV coming out of Denny so that might be a Bendigo signal.

https://ozdigitaltv.com/transmitters/NSW/17-Deniliquin

Why is that, because they were 2 separate markets before aggregation.

Deniliquin is in the Shepparton (as Prime7 does not have a combined Albury/Shepparton feed unlike SC) market, as before aggregation Shepp’s local channel GMV6 had a translator in Deni (although their ABC translator is ABC NSW instead of Victoria, as it should be), and the SC callsign for the Albury/Shepp market and the Deni translator is GLV.

SC9 has separate Albury and Shepparton feeds also - same as Prime and WIN.

Which sub-markets is the statewide Prime7 News bulletin (NSW with Daniel Gibson) aired to at 6:30pm?

The Wagga, Central West, North West & North Coast regions of NSW.

The NSW/VIC Border Albury/Wodonga region gets a delayed and condensed version of Seven News Melbourne at 6.30pm, the other Prime7 regions follow the metropolitan news schedules.

1 Like