Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

A couple of caps of Karl Lijnder’s weather forecast from PRIME7 Central Coast.

Ala NBN, it’s the same one that Newcastle gets.

I find it interesting that Quirindi gets a listing, given Murrurundi is already there.

4 Likes

There are days when Quirindi feels different weather wise to Murrurundi. I’ve worked in the two towns on the same day and noticed that I had to take off or put on pieces of clothing. There are differences.

1 Like

Another difference is that Quirindi isn’t really considered part of the Hunter or Central Coast, though I know Forster gets listed too.

No mention of Merriwa though, which is considered part of the Hunter.

In Noodle update markets, Prime make a promo for Seven News - usually updated daily with footage from that day’s Seven News bulletin.

In NSW, there are two versions - one for Canberra and the other for Wollongong/Newcastle (and I assume Gold Coast as well). The only difference is that on the Canberra one the strap at the bottom says “Canberra’s Number 1 News Hour” (and on the end tag).

Here is both versions from last week recorded on the same day:

It seems that the same vision is used in promos for the 6.30 National News in local bulletin markets:

7 Likes

Newcastle noodle updates:

North West:

National:

Promos:

5 Likes

Central West:

Updates:

Promo:

5 Likes

In The Chase there is a pop-up promoting the news - Seven News for Noodle regions and Local News for Bulletins:

7 Likes

Noticed Prime7 News - Weather Updates air on 7Two, do News as well?

Wagga:

3 Likes

The Seven News promo has been updated to reflect Seven’s current promo style:

5 Likes

Wow! It took like FOREVER for Prime7 to refresh their Seven News graphics for noodle regions. It also look like as if Seven produced the promo (given that the smooth graphics timing at the endtag was plausible), yet it wasn’t.

Any recording of this?

1 Like

A pity there isn’t a “Canberra’s Number 1” voiceover for the end of Canberra’s version of the promo, but apart from that it’s good to see that Prime7 has finally updated their custom promos for Seven News Sydney to reflect the current Sydney promotional style.

The previous “What is Experience? Experience is Reliability, Experience is Authority” promo style used by Prime7 to promote Seven News dated back to Late 2015 (Sydney moved on from this ages ago), so they were due for an update.

Aside from the “Canberra’s Number 1 News Hour” super and Prime7’s choice of news footage, the promo basically was produced by Seven.

1 Like

I uploaded videos of the Pop up to Vimeo in case there are Copyright issues that would happen to my YouTube account.

Prime7 Local News: https://vimeo.com/244427033
Seven News: https://vimeo.com/244426622

2 Likes

Is “Canberra’s No. 1 news hour” to reflect it beats SCA9 News / WIN News? But doesn’t beat ABC News (7pm)? Or is it indeed No. 1 overall.

I know it’s difficult to discuss regional ratings here

Well the ABC News doesn’t run for an hour so you can count them out. I’m sure that if Prime could have said Canberra’s number one news" they would have, so clearly behind ABC.

3 Likes

What happened to Daniel Gibson, who presented weather in regional VIC for many years until obviosuly recently?

Does it have something to do with Natalie Forrest & Freya Cole’s departure?

Noticed Kyle Lajnders (if I spelt that correctly) presenting an update in Ballarat the other day.

Yes, that’s what I thought.

Though not being a commercial, Prime probably see it as a win overall anyway, given Seven are 99% of the time interested in beating Nine :wink:

You hardly ever see/hear ABC gloat about much in metro.

No idea about the Weather Updates in non-bulletin regions, but I’m pretty sure that Daniel Gibson still presents Prime7 News at 6.30pm for the regions that get full local bulletins along with stories for Sydney Weekender.

Karl (not Kyle!) Lijnders - that’s how you spell his name.

Maybe because ABC News is the #3 evening bulletin in most metro markets? I mean, it’s usually #2 in the 7pm timeslot here in Sydney (with ACA at #1 of course :roll_eyes:) but doesn’t rate as highly as Seven or Nine - one notable exception being Saturday nights when ABC News NSW manages to outrate a struggling Seven News Sydney on that night of the week.

Besides, the ABC isn’t as ratings-focused as the commercial stations.

1 Like

IIRC, he was doing updates for Vic ever since he arrived at Prime.

2 Likes

A clear No.2 in Perth, ahead of TEN and Nine and behind 7.

3 Likes

And Ten News Perth beats Nine News Perth many times during the year too :open_mouth: