Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

The absence of a press release suggests not

1 Like

Ray’s back…

Ray Martin returns to PRIME7 to expose the truths behind one of Australia’s biggest killers.

Australia’s most acclaimed journalist and presenter RAY MARTIN will return to our screens in the third public affairs special produced exclusively for PRIME7.

The compelling PRIME7 LOCAL NEWS investigation, IT WON’T HAPPEN TO ME, will surprise and shock you. With chilling and emotionally charged first-hand accounts exposing the myths about one of the biggest killers in Australia, the one hour special will be a must watch television event for all audiences.

Martin’s two recent specials for Australia’s No.1 regional television network, ICE – THE SCOURGE OF REGIONAL AUSTRALIA and DARK SECRETS – AUSTRALIA’S HIDDEN SHAME were ratings successes that picked the scab off two of Australia’s ugliest crimes and were the catalyst for wide spread community debate.

IT WON’T HAPPEN TO ME presented by Ray Martin - coming soon to PRIME7

4 Likes

Cap courtesy @WAtvVideos

3 Likes

GWN7 News is missing from the news presenters list??

Whoops… unfortunately GWN7 doesn’t get much discussion on the forum and no-one noticed it’s absence from the list…

Still presented by Noel Brunning and Shauna Willis I’m guessing?

1 Like

Judging by the YouTube upload of the most recent bulletin, GWN7 News is still being presented by Noel Brunning (News/Sport) and Shauna Willis (Weather).

On-Air Presentation wise, they are still using the graphics style and theme music that Prime7 News stopped using with their relaunch in February. No “overkill red” set either, the one GWN7 currently has (which if I’m not mistaken, was launched in Late 2013) isn’t the best although I suppose it would be considered “adequate” by the standards of a local news bulletin for regional/remote WA.

1 Like

Monday’s news on YouTube. Noel Brunning is still the news reader.

2 Likes

Interesting that there has been no graphics change. Does this make them and Southern Cross Tasmania the last bulletins to sill use the old version of the Seven News theme?

1 Like

I think so.

GWN News (as it was known at the time) started using the 2004 Seven News theme music with a set/graphics relaunch in 2005 while Southern Cross started using it with their Late 2009 relaunch…if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

I prefer the older GWN graphics compared to the newer Prime News MS Word gfx… you’d see less red at a crime scene

Yep. They launched the '04 theme well before Prime’s eastern states bulletins, and now they are the last to use it!

1 Like

With it looking highly likely that GWN7 being the very last to continue using the older theme version too, as I’ve heard SC will be adopting an updated theme to go with early next year’s relaunch.

They certainly have been using the older '04 theme for quite some time now haven’t they. I’m somewhat surprised they haven’t updated it already…

1 Like

Does 7Prime do a local weather report during the Sydney News?

1 Like

They do during an ad break, usually between 6:45 & 7pm.

3 Likes

I saw one on Prime7 Newcastle tonight just before David Browns 7News Sydney weather forecast at 6.55 - it was presented by Karl Lijnders.

The one that they show on Prime 7TWO between 7.30 and 8.30 is just set to music - so why they don’t use the Karl Lijnders one there too beats me.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure that Prime7 have long produced Weather Updates for the regions without full bulletins which air during the final ad break of Seven News. From what I’ve seen in the past, Daniel Gibson usually presented these however it’s quite possible that Karl Lijnders has since replaced Dan on those updates.

As for why Prime7 airs so many updates with just the graphics and music in regions without full news bulletins…maybe because Karl Lijnders is busy presenting weather segments and updates for the regions that do have proper Prime7 News bulletins?

2 Likes

For regions that get updates in Victoria you only get 4 news updates and 3 weather updates per weekday all in the evening. All the weather updates on the multi channels to my knowledge never have a presenter, neither does the weather update during the 4pm news and after the last update around 11:40pm.

Daniel Gibson is the usually weather reader but last night he was reading news updates in the early evening, Liz Gwynn returned to read the remaining 2 updates after 10:30pm.

Kenny was away last night and Liz Gwynn took his place on the local bulletins:

9 Likes

Airing 7.30pm Monday 27 November. I assume NSW/ACT and VIC. No mention of GWN7.