Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

18:46 (in Canberra) in a break in 7News Sydney, a Prime7 Local News/Salvos fundraising ad aired despite there not being any Prime7 Local News here (and no I don’t count those noodle updates).

1 Like

I saw the same fundraising promo up here in Newcastle too… with Ken Heatley and Karl Lijnders, where we also only have the 2 minute local updates.

2 Likes

There’s now two more versions, maybe specifically done for noodle regions:

6 Likes

Natalie Forrest version just ran on Prime7 Gold Coast. No noodle updates here though.

3 Likes

Fifth version:

5 Likes

Ray Martin is coming back to Prime7.

Media Release:

RAY MARTIN RETURNS TO PRIME7

ACCLAIMED AUSTRALIAN JOURNALIST
TO PRESENT NEW PRIME7 NEWS SPECIAL

Acclaimed Australian journalist Ray Martin returns to Prime7 to present a second major public affairs special for the network.

Ray Martin’s first assignment with Prime7 News was the compelling special ICE: The Scourge of Regional Australia which aired in December 2016. The gritty one hour program exposed the devastating consequences of the ice epidemic plaguing regional communities, and was one of the highest rating news programs of the year in regional markets.

Prime7’s Head of News Paul Patrick said, “Following the success of the Ice special, we put our foot on the peddle to address more issues affecting regional areas. We’re thrilled Ray has come back for another program. He is a consummate journalist and presenter.”

"I am thrilled to be involved with another project on Prime7 News; there are so many more stories out there to be told,” said Ray Martin. “It was so pleasing to see the last program resonate so strongly with regional viewers. The next topic is a particularly challenging one but the story must be told.”

“The second special will again stimulate discussion about an important issue facing regional Australia, and Ray’s involvement adds gravitas that can’t be matched”, Paul Patrick added.

The Prime7 News special is currently in production, the telecast date and title to be announced soon.

6 Likes

:neutral_face:

3 Likes

Must be using the same people putting content in the SMH at the moment

1 Like

Nat’s on a two week holiday atm.

DARK SECRETS: AUSTRALIA’S HIDDEN SHAME will premiere Sunday 28 May at 8.30pm.

This PRIME7 News Special will... https://t.co/sEMTKPi4VD

— PRIME7 News Tamworth (@PRIME7Tamworth) May 11, 2017
1 Like

Does anyone here know if there is a fill-in presenter for GWN News?

Usually Shauna Willis fills in.

1 Like

Just wondering, Regional Western Australians don’t get The Chase or the Local Afternoon News @ 4:30?

1 Like

That’s what I’m also wondering all the time. Which does GWN take out for local news?

I’m pretty sure that GWN7 would air The Chase Australia at 4.30pm to accommodate the 5.30pm local news, just like Seven Gold Coast does.

As per usual, any good online TV guide is your friend.

5 Likes

They remove Perth’s afternoon bulletin and air The Chase Aus half an hour earlier.

4 Likes

Yeah, you’re right. So GWN7 was first to implement such adjustment.

Thanks (Sorry for the late reply). Wouldn’t it seem disjointed when Ann says ‘Up next is the 4.30 news LIVE from Perth’ when in reality people in WA outside Perth will see The Chase instead of Seven’s 4.30 News Perth?

No.

Regional WA does receive Seven Afternoon News (Perth) at 4pm & The Chase Australia at 4:30pm (full hour).

Tomorrow following the AFL (Queens Birthday clash) for example.

It’s to my understanding that the Perth edition of Seven’s Afternoon News only runs for half an hour from 4.30pm (with half of the Sydney-based Seven’s Afternoon News airing from 4pm), so Regional WA wouldn’t get that on GWN7.

3 Likes