Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

I love these new bulletins, really reminds me of the good old days of regional news. I like the set, don’t love it, but remember this is a regional bulletin. Makes the dated format of Regional bulletins feel a lot more “City”. Also love the shots of the set with all three presenters. Makes WIN News’ set, content and brand look garbish.

RIP WIN News 2017

2 Likes

Maddie hasn’t had much screen time sport was fully done by Kenny no Maddie in sight

2 Likes

I think the YouTube uploads of Prime7’s bulletins will come up later in the evening, so look out for those.

Of course, I’ll try and get some better quality caps (especially of the 6.30pm bulletin which obviously isn’t online) when I go up North next month.

4 Likes

Noodle Update

6 Likes

I don’t like the (mis)alignment of ‘Local News’ under ‘Prime7’.
I’d put it on 3 lines and centre the text OR thicken the font in the shorter words.

6 Likes

Even the noodle updates look personalised for each market like the full bulletins

On the cheap but I like the idea behind it…

1 Like

Uploading… Here is the set, the set layout is new. Seems like a quick fix up, but miles ahead of set-less WIN

1 Like

Have you got a video of the new look noodle update, Abesty?

Any of our WA viewers know if GWN has update their look to the same at Prime?

1 Like

Any viewers in regional VIC have caps of the updates (are they localised intros - Ballarat, etc)? :slight_smile:

There were uploads on YouTube earlier, but they’ve since been taken down.

To some extent, technical difficulties plagued at least the three bulletins I managed to catch (although I suspect there were problems in all five), probably the biggest error I saw was from the Albury/Wodonga bulletin where what was supposed to be the Sport segment was made considerably more interesting than usual and would probably make the automation fails of Nine News Sydney look relatively minor in comparison!

A clean version of that testcard/slate (and another one) has been posted in the “Test Cards and Other Internal Graphics” thread for those interested.

Aside from that, some caps of the new look!

Unfortunately I didn’t get caps of every single element, but you get the general idea. For those who think that Seven News is too blue, well there’s plenty of red (and I would probably say too much red) in this new look!

7 Likes

Yeah you’re right about the red holy shit it’s making me wanna gag. They coulda put a bit of black and white on the set to make it less urgh.

7 Likes

Noodle update

5 Likes

I think we won’t ever know if gwn7 has changed

I’m waiting for the late night repeat. Missed the live broadcast. :frowning:

1 Like

10.45 update had a different opener - No “Local News” in the title

6 Likes

Any change to the 6.30 News?

1 Like

I don’t think it changed because during Perth’s 4:30 News they cross to GWN7 News for news in Regional WA and Noel Brunning was sitting in front of the now old title card

1 Like
4 Likes