Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

How can they when Seven itself doesn’t even have a consistent look? :joy:

9 Likes

I don’t think composite - article says they re committed to full 30 mins of local news

1 Like

Prime7 News could definitely do with a new look set & graphics, what they use currently is awful IMO!

3 Likes

Like an HD channel? Or 7Flix?

Ah, one can dream.

2 Likes

Jim Waley is returning to TV after many years away with the Daily Waley Regional WeatherWall? :wink:

1 Like

maybe hd before the football is what i read somewhere

1 Like

Freya Cole (Prime7 News Albury, et. al.) is heading to Seven News Sydney.

1 Like

Freya Cole did a few reports for Seven News Sydney during January, if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

So they’ll be presenting the national bulletin together?

No, they’ll be presenting the local bulletins together.

1 Like
3 Likes

The full headline reads like Lesley Knope wrote it.

And that last sentence!

4 Likes

Would be nice to see Prime7 News relaunch with a new set, and new opening titles - modeled on the 7 NEWS look.

Would also be nice to see 5 unique local news openers (as WIN, 7 QLD do) rather than using one generic one.

“LIVE. ACROSS TAMWORTH, ARMIDALE AND THE NORTH WEST. THIS - IS PRIME7 NEWS. WITH MADELAINE COLLIGNON AND KENNY HEATLEY”

5 Likes

WIN should of done this a while ago. BTW, do we know the other changes coming to Prime7 News?

We don’t.

I’d say a fresh look - though keep your expectations low.

I have a sneaking feeling that they eventually may go to a statewide 60 minute bulletin with Madelaine and Kenny double heading - and go composite bulletin. And dump the separate 630 “national” news. In time though - I think they’l wait and see how Nine goes.

I also have a feeling they might launch a Canberra news.

They are based in that city and have studios there. And id Nine starts gaining with the local news at 6 - they will need to defend their turf.

4 Likes

The flip side would be - how many people in the north watch it over NBN because they are getting the full local half hour, rather than 10 minutes in an hour?

The 30 minutes doesn’t and won’t work for WIN, because you need to watch an hour at 5 to get your state/national news. But Prime7’s half hour at 6:30 is likely what a lot of viewers would prefer.

4 Likes

Yes, I think Prime7 were to air Seven News Sydney in full at 6.30 (or live at 6 with Local at 5.30 or 7), the ratings I think would definitely drop a bit.

1 Like

Unless things have changed recently, Prime7 still airs the condensed edition of Seven News Melbourne into the Albury/Wodonga, NSW/VIC Border region for whatever reason!

Of course prior to the introduction of hour long news on Seven and Prime7 introducing their 6.30pm bulletin, Seven News Sydney aired on a 30 minute delay in the Wagga, Central West, North West & North Coast markets. For at least part of that time a “Delayed Telecast” super was shown at the start and the bulletin ended abruptly to remove the “up next is Today Tonight” mentions.

2 Likes

That is correct. The reason being that the broadcast area traditionally shows content from the Melbourne stations, because the majority of the broadcast area is in fact in Victoria, so the 6.30 Prime News bulletin which is NSW focused isn’t really relevant.

2 Likes

New promo uses the newer 7news theme music

1 Like