Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

I wonder if she has taken the position of Ashlea Kunowski seeing she moved to 7 Melbourne

3 Likes

Kirstie Fitzpatrick has been doing a great job with the updates :smiley:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Yes they need help.

I support this.

Also: prime pays 7 40% of ad revenue.

However they should rework the affiliate deal so the hours of programming they carry local content (6-7) that ad revenue stays with prime not 7

2 Likes

I’d say a reworked Affiliation deal should apply to All Regionals as am incentive to provide more new local programming. I say “new” programming as o could see WIN trying to pass off Crawford’s repeats as different local programming :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Coronavirus and the Australian TV industry

Would be less of an issue if they’d approved the merge.

1 Like

Noel Brunning got a makeover for tonight’s news - can’t believe that was all done in a 30 minute haircut!
Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 9.05.48 pm

2 Likes

How many minutes a day of local news does Prime7 air in Newcastle, Canberra and Wollongong?

Does anyone in these areas know?

It’s meant to be 12 minutes by law…

3 Likes

Four updates at 7:30pm, 8:30pm, 10:30pm and 11:30pm Mon-Fri evenings. Once upon a time, they used to air at 7:00am, 11:00am, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:00pm, 5:00pm, 7:30pm, 9:30pm and 10:30pm

4 Likes

In the regions without full bulletins, is there still a Weather Update at the start of the final ad break of Seven News?

2 Likes

Yes, there was last time I checked a few weeks ago.

1 Like

Thanks! That doesn’t sound like 12 minutes a day, which is what is legally required. Unless each update is a full 3 minutes?

And why not air at least 2 of those updates in the 4pm and 6pm news.

2 Likes

The updates are roughly between 50 secs-1 min.

They need to add more news updates again.

3 Likes

So they’re airing 4 minutes a day.
By law it needs to be 12.

How do they get away with that ?

@Nick ?

3 Likes

its the same here in western victoria there updates arent that long and i think @RedDragon is right even here in western vic and i would say it would be the same for central and the gipsland regions . it only about one minute at most. how they are getting away with i dont know . your guess is as good as mine

1 Like

Isn’t the quote for ‘local content’, not just local news?
I’m guessing they’re fudging it with the what’s on bits, which is particularly dodgy now with nothing on & those just talking about COVID-19 precautions.

@TV-ACT yes it can be that type of content too, but it earns half the points news does

They need 24 points a day

News is 2 points per minute the other rubbish is point per minute

So I’d they’re airing 4 minutes a day or News (that’s 8 points) they are still 16 points short.

They’d need 16 points a day of that what’s on shit

I highly doubt they’re running 16 minutes a day Of that?

If they are they are replacing 20 minutes of sellable commercial time with this bull shit local info and cheap noodle updates. At some point you would think it’s more beneficial to produce a local news, and sell advertising in it

1 Like

Because what they are doing now is being done as cheaply as possible.

Investing in actual bulletins will require more $$$ - both on start up and ongoing, something I suspect they won’t want to take the risk in not getting their money back via extra ad revenue.

5 Likes

ok after looking up wikipedia and trying to remember things for another thread .prime7 never had a local bullten here in western vic , i think it was southern cross who had the news here and it was cut when they changed the logo and became scn

1 Like