Seven Regional

First day since the HD started that something other than Tennis, Sunrise and 6pm News (and infomercials) has been shown.

2 Likes

Any details on bitrates of the Prime7 multiplex and how this compares to metro 7?

1 Like

Possum in HD:

6 Likes

MKR looking great on Prime7 HD.

Picture every bit as good as 7HD.

A bit surprised that they don’t have a HD bug on it.

3 Likes

Iconic

2 Likes

Giving the viewers what they really want

1 Like

If only the quality of that program was as good as the HD, but thats another topic for another time.

4 Likes

I think somehow Prime will eventually ad a HD bug later down the track.

1 Like

I agree that at some point, Prime7 will probably try and do “HD” watermark additions specially for LCN-60 in the future like the other networks have.

Although I’d probably prefer it if Prime7 focused on getting local news content produced and airing in native HD first.

3 Likes

Though I saw a Daniel Gibson weather update tonight, and that looked HD.

Big Dog is way more iconic than Possum.

3 Likes

Are Prime still doing V/O during their line-ups?

Or sometimes? Or will it return during RegTAM survey?

Or have they got rid of their V/O guy (who used to be at Seven and is the Logies V/O I’m sure)?

Although to be fair, one could argue that NBN is a way more iconic regional station than Prime7 in the Newcastle/Hunter market! :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t be overly surprised if Prime7 got rid of their voiceover guy (Simon Westaway I think…or maybe Bill Weaver) from the lineups due to cost cutting, because relatively prolific VO talent doesn’t come cheap.

1 Like

Craig Moore used to do voice overs too I think. He’s still at Prime7 doing fill-ins for news and weather and does the country footy scores during half time of the Saturday night AFL.

2 Likes

The Voice over on the line up has returned, and back to previewing only two channels.

It must have only been non-VO over the Christmas/New Year break.

3 Likes

Could they not just use one of Seven’s? Given their long-time affiliates.

Ten do specific V/O and promos for WIN on a daily basis.

Edit

Never mind… Thanks @Abesty :+1:

I thought the Prime lineup voice talent was from Seven?

1 Like

Do Prime not have their own presentation and promotions departments, I thought they did (in Canberra, then passing it onto MediaHub)? Otherwise everything would be identical to Seven (which it’s not).

The V/O may be based in Sydney, but working for Prime, who have HQ offices nearby to Seven HQ.

Prime had everything in Canberra and still does AFAIK. Mediahub is only for server side playout and storage, playout is programmed by Canberra. Mediahub only handles manual playout if something breaks down or a feed gets cut, etc.

And there was a V/O guy based on the Sunshine Coast which might still do some work via ISDN, example:
Video: @Abesty

4 Likes

Regular Possum in HD:

5 Likes