Seven Regional

Agnes died. It’s 2 now.

9 Likes

Nah - Seven Orange was the HD channel.

1 Like

Yep it’s definitely bigger and more red now.

Before:

6 Likes

I like how the Classification icon(s) were made a bit bigger (previous version was probably a little too small), but not sure if the logo/watermark needed to be increased in size.

Although I personally would’ve preferred it if Prime7/GWN7 changed the font of the PRG text so it matches with what’s currently being used in other elements of the On-Air Presentation.

1 Like

It would polish it off nicely if they did. For some reason 7mate’s ‘next’ super uses the correct font. Haven’t seen it anywhere else though.

3 Likes

In the context of the recent posts in this thread, this is entirely appropriate.

4 Likes

May I ask why exactly you like that @SydneyCityTV?

No watermark during AO on GWN7 tonight.

5 Likes

Oops

The lack of a watermark should be welcomed - less unnecessary rubbish in the picture.

2 Likes

Two promos for the Winter Olympic Games:

13 Likes

The GWN-7 studio in Bunbury is for sale. The West is reporting that Prime Media is planning to move regional WA’s Seven affiliate to the Bunbury CBD. The site has ocean views with the potential for 25 to 30 apartments. Expressions of interest close on March 8.

Could this be a sign that GWN7 are about to wind down news production in WA?

3 Likes

Maybe, but not necessarily.
The land has a briliant unobstructed ocean view, and with development potential would be worth a mint. Prime have been trying to sell this off since 2008, when they tried to rezone the land but failed. I assume this situation has since changed.

With news being the only local production, this could now be done from a broom closet similar to how Nine do their regional bulletins with visual difference.
The time difference also plays in favour of the local bulletin, as moving production to Canberra would still require extra staff since the bulletin goes to air well after almost all staff would go home.

8 Likes

They could move production to Perth
There is room for the GWN set in the 7Perth studio or they could use the TOS studio.
GWN’s news goes out at 5:30, just before 7’s news.

1 Like

Except GWN/Prime and Seven Perth at completely separate companies (despite Seven West Media owning some shares in Prime)

7 Likes

Go into agreement to use some of the Seven Perth facility’s in exchange for a higher affiliation fee?

If anything it means a new studio, maybe a new set and maybe the same presentation as Prime7 News.

9 Likes

Seven have next to no facilities in Perth since they moved from the spacious Dianella studios in 2015.

3 Likes

I’m sure they can take a tiny portion of the $$$ they’ll receive from the sale of the site to fit out a small studio space wherever they decide to move.

3 Likes

Whatever they are going to do, it’s all been well and truly planed, costed out & probably the contracts are signed already.
But it’s fun to speculate.

2 Likes