Seven Regional

Well I’ll be fucked! Finally!

14 Likes

Hopefully it’s permanent.

What time did this happen I wonder

h264/ac3 is what im seeing if that means anything lol

@Abesty Is the HD addon watermark seen on SD as well?

Yes :unamused:

Also compare to 7Two (which looks better Picture Quality than Prime7 SD, except for those Olympic rings):

3 Likes

I see. Just like WIN in WA.

I honestly don’t mind them starving the bitrate on the main channel when theres an HD simulcast. It pushes people to upgrade.

2 Likes

No changes for GWN? @WAtvVideos

1 Like

The 7 bug disappeared:

4 Likes

I wish Prime were using their generic Prime7 sport watermarks, that have the logos horizontally.

Getting difficult to tell which caps are from metro vs regional in this thread.

But as discussed, obviously the “Prime7” (for main channel) is too big to fit in, given they can’t move the “Live & Free” + perhaps Prime didn’t want to design their own Olympic rings one.

Business as usual out here. No HD or 7flix. :frowning:

1 Like

Prime only use their Live l Prime7 bug for sport coverage where the feed from Seven is completely clean, without the Live & Free part.

4 Likes

I wonder if this will continue to be the case though? NFL no longer uses the Prime one and it’s clean.

1 Like

I thought it was the case for Prime7 main channel, with 7Two and 7mate sport coverage always being branded as that channel and no mention of Prime/GWN.

They do however sometimes use 7Two and 7mate bugs that they made themselves (you can tell from the different font and pixelation around it) instead of the Seven made ones.

Of course they only started doing things like this after they moved presentation to Media Hub, before that they always used Seven made bugs.

4 Likes

Still bug less on Prime7 since 11am.

I wonder if they are trying to get a bug that displays the HD component only on the HD service?

5 Likes

As someone who lives on the Gold Coast I disapprove of this change because before I could get both 7 and 7mate (through Prime) in HD. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Good to hear that Prime7 has finally made the switch.

It’ll be interesting to see whether content from Prime7 Local News is shown in full HD on the new “Prime7 HD” channel(s). I think some of the Weather Updates (those ones with only the background music and voiceovers) have been shown in HD when 7mate was an MPEG2 HD channel, but I’m not sure if that extends to other elements like promos, News Updates or the full bulletins.

1 Like

That probably leaves the Sunshine Coast as the only (official) overlap area with 7HD and 7Mate in HD

1 Like

Great to see Prime7 now have an HD service available.

But this just makes me even more angry that Seven West Media themselves still can’t be bothered to turn on HD in Regional QLD.

Now 2 of 7’s affiliates have launched HD channels, and 7 themselves haven’t even fully launched HD to all their markets yet :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

5 Likes