Seven Regional

I agree with doing this.
WOuld also be good to see 7QLD do the same.

Keep the same LCNs, with 7/70/71 being 7HD in MPEG2-HD, and LCN 73 being 7mate in MPEG2-SD

2 Likes

[quote=“WAtvVideos, post:630, topic:153”]
I’m not sure whether their existence on Foxtel Satellite plays any part in the matter to be honest. i agree i dont think it does either not for prime7 to be prime7hd foxtel dont carry prime 7 win or 9 on the foxtel 1q3s for regional vic

How does Foxtel do it now with 7mate HD? Do they block access to it if you don’t have an HD plan?

I think it is a bit complicated and depends on the area but currently 7Mate via satellite is SD so to get HD you would have to use a terrestrial antenna and a box with a FTA tuner built in.

1 Like

Yeah it’s complicated now that there are so many set-top box variants.

From what I understand, Foxtel subscribers in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane receive their commercial FTA either by satellite (original Foxtel Digital box, iQ1, iQ1.5 and iQ2) or by terrestrial (iQ3). Subscribers in other Foxtel areas only get their commercial FTA through the iQ3 terrestrially. Regional ex-Austar subscribers only receive FTA through terrestrial (MyStar, MyStar HD or iQ3).

In any case, if the box isn’t HD then you miss out just like any non-Foxtel viewer would in my hypothetical where Prime7 switches with 7mate.

2 Likes

People in regional areas of the eastern states can access some FTA via satellite including 7Mate in SD (but not 7Two) but could upgrade to IQ3 to get FTA via an antenna.

1 Like

I never knew that. Weird that the networks would be allowed to offer their channels outside of their licence area. I thought the commercial FTA satellite channels were only for subscribers with a metro address.

1 Like

Unlike GWN, on the horse racing yesterday Prime used their regular Prime7 Live and Free Bug and not the 7 + HD one:

4 Likes

They wouldn’t even need to do that. They just need to switch the video stream of the main channel to HD and the video stream of 7mate to SD and reallocate the bitrate of the two channels. No Retune needed.

3 Likes

Someone at Prime must be reading this forum, because this morning they quietly switched Prime7 to HD and 7mate to SD:

On 60 is the HD and 6, 61 is SD.

LCN 60 is Prime7 HD [Region]:
Capture

13 Likes

They are using the Sport HD bug that was seen on GWN on Saturday:

Other caps showing quality:

9 Likes

That’s great for regional viewers and explains the “HD” appearance over the weekend :clap: @WAtvVideos

Even if the HD isn’t like metro (fade in / fade out separately), instead just attached to a generic Prime sport watermark.

3 Likes

Wait, so did they make a new (presumably MPEG-4) channel for HD or did they switch 7 and 7mate with it staying MPEG-2 like discussed above?

1 Like

Yes - if 6 and 63 are both SD, it can’t have been a swap between 6 and 63 but a separate stream added on 60.

2 Likes

The HD is attached to the 7 logo and comes on at the same time. The Live & Free bit is done by Seven so when coming back from break it appears first without the 7 logo for a moment:

4 Likes

How come Prime haven’t told the public (presser, social media, etc)?

Instead secretly adding a new HD channel to their multiplex play-out during the night :thinking:

3 Likes

What are Prime labelling the channel on the TV as (EPG)?

“Prime7 HD”?

Because seriously, many viewers who regularly watch Prime and know there’s been no HD main channel for years, may still think the same and perhaps take the watermark as a mistake?

6 - Prime SD (Mpeg 2)
60 - Prime HD (Mpeg 4)
61 - Prime SD (Mpeg 2)
62 - 7Two SD (Mpeg 2)
63 - 7mate SD (Mpeg 2)
65 - iShop TV SD (Mpeg 4)
66 - 7flix SD - (Mpeg 4)
68 - RACING.COM SD (Mpeg 4)

I’ve always throught it would be better if 7flix was after 7mate instead of buried between the datacast channels.

As said above it is Prime7 HD [Region], eg Prime7 HD Canberra, Prime7 HD Wollongong etc.

5 Likes

That’s pretty much how Seven HD launched from memory? No announcement to avoid people complaining they can’t receive it?

7 Likes

Bug only on black screen:

5 Likes