Seven Regional

God damn. What is that set! We have a new winner!

3 Likes

Their reports throughout the week have been great. They even used caps from @Bergoine , Tntnbltnn and myself! They mustn’t have archived much of their work since presentation moved to Canberra.

More screenies in the TV History thread.

I was at the GWN studios in Bunbury a couple of years ago and weather presenter Shauna Willis was saying that they have a fair bit in the archives but it would be expensive to digitize it all. I spoke to her again during the week and she said former weatherman Chris Mills kept a lot of stuff on VHS which they used on air.

4 Likes

Ah, Chris Mills. I was at a Queen’s Cup school eisteddfod in Collie when I was in primary school and he was the MC. At the end, my mum went up to him and said, “why do you always get the weather wrong?”

3 Likes

Prime has copped a caning on social media tonight. It seems they’re having issues with ad playout. Anyone know if this is restricted to one market or across several?

Seems to have been during MKR. No issues in Canberra that I noticed.

All good over here so far.

I wonder if Prime has offered to the NFSA?

Four months after sacking their playout staff & outsourced to their competitors (MediaHub being owned by WIN & ABC) on the basis that not doing so was constraining Prime7, such as preventing them adding 7flix & HD for their main channel, still no sign of either of those.

SCA is adding 7HD in Tasmania today, but Prime7…nothing.

2 Likes

Says a lot about how they care for us regional viewers

1 Like

I think they were just feeding us Frogshit, the sooner the reach rule is scrap the better…

1 Like

Prime contributing to Good Friday Appeal

6 Likes

Anyone want to pump out some ads onto Prime?

https://twitter.com/decryption/status/854155683926745088

4 Likes

Tim Bailey might… He loves “pumping it out on Prime”, even when it’s the wrong network.

8 Likes

I bet the Wollongong bunker were pleased when he said that! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

11 Likes

Ray Martin is coming back to Prime7.

Media Release:

RAY MARTIN RETURNS TO PRIME7

ACCLAIMED AUSTRALIAN JOURNALIST
TO PRESENT NEW PRIME7 NEWS SPECIAL

Acclaimed Australian journalist Ray Martin returns to Prime7 to present a second major public affairs special for the network.

Ray Martin’s first assignment with Prime7 News was the compelling special ICE: The Scourge of Regional Australia which aired in December 2016. The gritty one hour program exposed the devastating consequences of the ice epidemic plaguing regional communities, and was one of the highest rating news programs of the year in regional markets.

Prime7’s Head of News Paul Patrick said, “Following the success of the Ice special, we put our foot on the peddle to address more issues affecting regional areas. We’re thrilled Ray has come back for another program. He is a consummate journalist and presenter.”

"I am thrilled to be involved with another project on Prime7 News; there are so many more stories out there to be told,” said Ray Martin. “It was so pleasing to see the last program resonate so strongly with regional viewers. The next topic is a particularly challenging one but the story must be told.”

“The second special will again stimulate discussion about an important issue facing regional Australia, and Ray’s involvement adds gravitas that can’t be matched”, Paul Patrick added.

The Prime7 News special is currently in production, the telecast date and title to be announced soon.

2 Likes

It is good to see a regional broadcaster commission these specials, especially with someone like Ray Martin. I just wish Seven themselves would carry the specials. Yes I know that the Ice story was about regional Australia, but would have been interesting to see

5 Likes

It would really put the wind up Nine if a programme hosted by Ray Martin was screened on Seven!

Having said that, I can’t see that happening, not in Prime (no pun intended) time anyway.

Nine did screen an NBN produced Anzac special about 20 years ago, but it was screened in the early afternoon.

1 Like