Seven Regional

Happened on SC Tas for a while there too. Southern Cross PRG and 7. Wondered if they’d done a surprise rebrand as on the sports update last week they said the Superbowl would be live and free right here on 7 which was odd to hear on an SC update!

2 Likes

I saw that too, would of been confusing for viewers when they saw 7flix, as most people don’t know what that is

Isn’t this the 2nd time recently that Seven put this stuff on their ‘clean’ feed instead of the feed for their own stations? I wonder if something’s changed or it’s just a new person making the occasional mistake.

I’m not sure if this is the right thread to post this in, but Prime7 is tweeting that Seven News Sydney outrated WIN and Nine in the Canberra & Illawarra markets this week. There’s no numbers mentioned, so I think it should be OK to directly link to these:

6 Likes

Still nothing about 7Flix, I beginning to think the talk about not being able to carry it because of the Canberra operations was a just a load of crock

7 Likes

Prime7 just focusing on 6:00pm, so as to avoid the fact that ABC News Canberra would be way ahead of Seven News.

2 Likes

i read something in the hd thread about changes in the next few weeks with prime 7 but nothing on whats being changed

Prime seem to be the winner with regional viewers who wanted to see a professionally presented familiar bulletin from Sydney having little choice at 6pm now. Anyone who wanted local news was already watching WIN.

1 Like

Arrived, yay :grinning:

Each TV channel says “South Coast” (Prime7, Nine & WIN).

So the regional networks have seperate transmissions for both Wollongong (Illawarra) & South Coast?

Yeah, there are separate Wollongong/Illawarra and South Coast feeds of the commercial channels primarily for advertising purposes.

2 Likes

Prime7’s network PRG & in-program graphics look really amateur :confused:

During “Bride and Prejudice”:

•Seven (metro) PRG aired overlapping of the Prime7 watermark (was that a technical error or the norm?)

•Bride and Prejudice ‘special night’ watermark promo aired with the “>” pointing to nothing, also overlapping the Prime7 watermark

•Generic pop-up in-program graphics (you know, the coloured ones with a photo in the bottom left) aired, with a terrible font & in capitals (e.g.) Kochie & Sam / Sunrise.

Aside from local program variations and those “Promo/Ident” things, I’m pretty sure that Prime7 and GWN7 mainly just use Seven Network promos for the most part.

1 Like

Yes, they do.

1 Like

According to their Twitter page, Seven News Sydney on Prime7 wins the 6pm ratings in Wollongong/South Coast ahead of WIN News & Nine News Illawarra for the 2nd week, with an increase of their audience from the previous week.

Source: https://twitter.com/prime7tv/status/835358274090196993

any more news on getting prime7hd or gwn7 hd?

Probably when we get 7Flix, so I wont hold my breath?

Are we safe to say Prime7’s logo is now completely red, and have dropped the orange gradient?

1 Like

In case you may be interested, today is GWN’s 50th birthday. It began as South Western Telecasters operating a single station BTW-3 in Bunbury in south west WA, before expanding to other parts of the state incorporating VEW-8 Kalgoorlie, GTW-11 Geraldton and relays GSW-9 Mount Barker, GSW-10 Albany and VEW-3 Kambalda. Jack Bendat purchased South West Telecasters in 1979 and renamed it as GWN.

6 Likes

Here are some caps from GWN7 News last night. They had a report on the 50th, but not before a Save Our Voices report. Looking at the YouTube uploads, it appears they’ve had a few special reports throughout the week on earlier bulletins as well.

7 Likes

One week after Prime7 Tamworth celebrated their 50th birthday in April 2015, the network gave the station and the local community a very special birthday present: Moving the production/presentation of the local news to Canberra.

Hopefully something similar (or worse, the axing of the local news) doesn’t happen to GWN7.

1 Like