Seven Regional

GWN7 Ident in HD:

5 Likes

Perth and Radelaide also launched hideous red Nines on their news for a while.

Forgot all about those red logos. Was always a laugh at watching them trying to communicate that they’re not “Nine” while having to use “Nine” at the same time.

3 Likes

I just saw Daniel Gibson front a weather update down here in Canberra.

Now… if it’s good enough for Canberra to get a proper weather update., it should be good enough for Newcastle to have one!! (since neither have a local news bulletin).

2 Likes

Yes I saw that too (I should’ve posted about it) but thought maybe it was just because of the fires in the area.

So it doesn’t normally happen?

I didn’t see anything in it about the fires anyway.

Sorry I should’ve said, the one I saw was the previous night (Wednesday), where Daniel Gibson definitely made reference to fires. I don’t know about tonight.

No worries, and no, I don’t think he made any mention of fires last night either.

Those are usually earlier in the day from memory? Late night they just do the ones with no presenter and some backing music.

Perhaps it varies by region?

I think Prime7 Wollongong/South Coast air the graphics/music-only updates during the day and updates with a presenter in the evening…

Until a few days ago in Canberra I hadn’t seen a presenter for the weather updates (for years).

MKR counter underneath the Prime7 watermark

5 Likes

That same counter is also on 7 … but strangely right now, it’s only on 7 and not Prime7 (Newcastle) as I type.

2 Likes

And why is Seven putting that out on it’s clean feed?

2 Likes

Two things…

1. Does anyone watch / know if anyone watches (ratings) Prime7 Gold Coast? Wouldn’t everyone just watch the Seven Brisbane Gold Coast station?

–

Good to see Prime Media Group has updated its network watermarks (no doubt a decision with MediaHub) :slight_smile:

A minor/petty question, but BCM have their watermarks always on the network feeds (i.e.) when they cut to an ad break, watermarks disappear with the program feed & when they come back from an ad break, the watermark is there again straight away with the program feed.

So do the Prime7 & Prime 7 Sport watermarks (via MediaHub) ever go into an ad break until someone removes it (common with regional networks)? Or are they like Seven, automatically go off/on with the program feed?

There’s probably a number of people who use the EPG and end up on Prime (and the other regionals) that way. A lot of viewers wouldn’t know, and even less would care, that there is a difference.

4 Likes

I don’t think there would be many that watch Prime7, 9NBN or TEN GC.

Most people would just press 7, 9 or 10 because that’s what they’ve been doing for decades (prior to aggregation in the early 90s),

3 Likes

I actually disagree to a degree.
I find most people just turn the TV on and press the Up/Down channel buttons to see whats on and settle on what they’re looking for.

I’d imagine which channel people settled on depended on what LCN their TV was on previously.

Example if they turned their TV on and LCN90 came up first, they’d likely flick forward and find MKR on Prime7 on LCN6 and stay there.

That’s just my opinion anyway :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Viewers on the Gold Coast are well aware of the regional variation as they have had the extra 3 networks since before aggregation and could seek out occasional variations to usual network shows prior to digital (eg AFL on Prime). Post digital, and with the main 7, 9 and 10 stations the preference would always be for the Queensland station with the news, weather and news updates (and even adverts) though the night more suitable. They probably care less, however when it comes to choosing some of the multichannels.

3 Likes

Not sure what was going on during MKR tonight - we had the Prime watermark but Seven PRG and “up next” graphics for Two/Mate/Flix and the MKR > tomorrow watermark half over the Prime watermark.

2 Likes