Seven Regional

I came across this Prime Local News clip of current ABC News NSW journalist Nicole Chettle from 1998.

Does anyone know which Prime bulletin she reported for?

2 Likes

Same happened on HSV-6 (Seven Melbourne) where the 7 bug stayed on, I tuned the TV to another channel by then only seeing about one second of the bug.

1 Like

Nicole Chettle was a reporter for the Albury bulletin.

1 Like

Now, I have really bad hearing, half deaf infact. The past few months I have realised when watching the 7 channels (Prime7, Mate, Two) I havenā€™t had the sound on as high as I use too. So when Prime switched to Media Hub, did they change the audio or is it my hearing? - Thanks

No one has commented on Primes new watermark during the tennis.

1 Like

You just did

11 Likes

It could just be the TV Iā€™m watching this on but is the watermark, particularly the ā€œlive and freeā€ component, strobing horribly on anyone elseā€™s screen?

Iā€™m hoping Prime doesnā€™t decide to adopt the solid red watermark on all programming now that WIN has solid blue mappy spoiling the viewing experience. Iā€™m not watching a great deal of Australian free to air TV these days and Iā€™m even less inclined to if networks persist with these shitty distractions on the screen. Good thing Iā€™m going back to civilisation next week.

5 Likes

Didnā€™t expect Prime to have there own watermark on sport.

2 Likes

Just caught a cap of it.

11 Likes

Not strobing on mine, but that thing is awful & blocky (youā€™d think they made it with Lego, no Duplo blocks).

And I agree Iā€™m also extremely disinclined to watch when the likes of mappy are on-screen, and while this isnā€™t anywhere near as bad, it isnā€™t good. This is definitely an unwelcome change.

I wonder why suddenly the change from the previous? (Seven Network standard ā€œLive & Free | 7ā€)

4 Likes

Yeah itā€™s very blocky and pixelated. Makes the tennis look very cheap. Pirate bay Prime.
When did 7 start given Prime clean feeds on sport this seems like a mistake even there 7 logo does not look the best.

1 Like

Interesting. SCTV was using a design just like Sevenā€™s tonight. So I guess this is what Prime does when Seven provides a truly clean feed without the Live & Free tagline.

I donā€™t get why this is even remotely related to mappy or a new era of solid marks. Theyā€™ve been copying Sevenā€™s solid sports watermark for years, this is no different except the logo itself.

Perks of using red with a highly contrasted background on an MPEG-2 signal that has 4:2:0 subsampling.

3 Likes

It would be even better if Prime7 used Sevenā€™s style of ā€œLive & Freeā€ wording next to their logo but apart from that, it looks OK for a customised Sport ā€œwatermarkā€.

Of course having an awkwardly designed logo in red on a compressed MPEG2 SD channel with a highly contrasted background doesnā€™t look that great, but youā€™d expect that.

4 Likes

GWN7 version has the same issues. It looks like Seven may have provided Prime with a clean feed as this event didnā€™t go live in all markets.

Some weird shadowing behind the text:

10 Likes

Good to see they finally realised they arenā€™t Seven!

2 Likes

Really? Itā€™s just a brand, and most people refer to them as Channel 7.
(Itā€™s like saying Channel 9 Perth and Adelaide werenā€™t really Nine when they were owned by a different company than the Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane Nine stations.)

6 Likes

But the Adelaide and Perth stations were still Nine regardless of ownership. There was no change in brand - just maintaining dotless in the last few years.

Yeah but they still carried the Nine own and operated branding and they were an affiliate just the same as Prime and Southern Cross.

I remember they shoehorned the WIN logo into the ā€œyouā€™d better smiiiiiiiiiiileā€ idents in Perth and Adelaide.