Seven Regional

Oh right! Yeah, I thought it might’ve just been a typical regional station thing where they slightly differ from the metro. :wink: Apart from retaining that “CC” graphic, looks good. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be great if we got 7Flix just before Christmas like they did 7two back in 2009

2 Likes

GWN 1997 Christmas Ident with Millsy

5 Likes

He even looks a bit like Darrell Eastlake!

Any video of this mate?

Sorry mate, only screenies

1 Like

I was playing around with a Fetch TV Mighty box at my sister’s house and discovered the 7Tennis app has all of Seven’s metro channels streaming, including 7Flix which isn’t supposed to be available in Prime7 land. I wonder how Prime feels about Seven providing their channels to regional viewers and how it will affect negotiations during the next affiliation agreement.

7flix has been available for streaming anywhere in Australia across various devices since day dot. Similarly since 7 started streaming, they have never been region blocked within Australia. I’m not sure Prime is quite as precious as Bruce over this issue, and in any case Bruce lost his court case.

3 Likes

Probably the same as how WIN felt about Nine streaming nationally.
We all know how that ended up.

I know. A bit different having it readily available on a regular TV as opposed to a computer or mobile device though.

Telstra TV, Apple TV. Streaming has still been available on a ‘regular’ TV (or any large screen) for quite a long time.

Did not know that the Fetch box had 7Tennis on it.

Anyways, has PRIME ever aired a ident this year?

It’s a fairly recent addition. 7Tennis was initially available on other devices last summer.

1 Like

Yep, this one (from 1:00 in)

5 Likes

Constantly. The one in the above video is shown at least every second ad break and occasionally between programs.

1 Like

Were they offering the live streams of all channels on those devices or just the catch up content because the regular Plus 7 app on the fetch doesn’t include the live streams.

7Tennis was launched with live streams on those devices last summer. Also pretty sure the plus7 Apple TV has live streams too.

Can confirm it does.

1 Like

(Sorry no capture facility here.)
At 00:23 AEDT during the Hopman Cup tennis final on Prime7 Canberra the 7 logo in the top-right disappeared and the grey PRIME7 watermark appeared in the lower right corner. This lasted for a few minutes.
The commercial break before consisted of the 7 logo in the corner on a black screen, so I guess someone at MediaHub scheduled the logo change for the programme due to start after the tennis’ tentative end time and had fallen asleep or was for whatever other reason not paying attention when the break came in and later the logo changed.

And when the Hopman Cup coverage finished (01:05 AEDT) the 7 logo remained at the top-right corner for about 20 seconds before going, the PRIME7 watermark appearing at the bottom right and finally the programme classification being displayed at the top-left, so MediaHub still haven’t got it quite right with 7’s live sports coverage.