Seven Regional

7 Likes

Speaking of 7flix, now that Prime have moved its playout facilities, I wonder how long it will be before they make an announcement about launching 7flix into regional areas (and also Prime HD).

As the inability to launch either from Canberra was quoted as one reason for the move to Media Hub.

In charmingly enigmatic form, the roll out of Prime7HD and 7flix is “currently under review. PRIME will make an announcement in respect of those opportunities at the appropriate time”.

8 Likes

Sorry if this has been mentioned but now Prime areas can receive 7 Flix ? and room for 7 HD ?

It sounds like it is planned, but not at the moment.

They may be able to now because they moved their operations to MediaHub (outsourced).

Prime areas don’t have 7Flix, nor do they have provision for the channel (if Prime are to follow 7’s lead and broadcast it on 66).

There is provision to upgrade one of the main channels to HD - currently there are SD simulcasts on 6, 60, and 61. My guess is that HD will be on channel 60 and we will have to retune in order to get 66 once negotiations are finalised.

1 Like

So what happened then, playout was moved to Mediahub but the areas are still without thatmultichannel?

Yes

A retune will still be required for most tvs to pick up HD on 60 - as much as the LCN exists HD would have a different PID and audio stream that tvs won’t necessarily pick up automatically.
I too would expect flix and HD to come at the same time.

2 Likes

Good to know. I didn’t know if Prime7’s upgrade to HD would be different to the ABC’s or 9Life’s, neither of which I had to do retunes for. That could just be the TV I have though.

Wonder what a Prime7HD logo would look like, cause it’ll be pretty long

3 Likes

They were both new LCNs that hadn’t been previously used.
It would be more like when 9HD launched. Lots of people were getting the 9HD audio with GEM pictures until they retuned.

1 Like

Really hope they move ishop tv to 67 or 69 if they launch 7flix on 66. Hate seeing shopping channels wedged between two normal channels.

IMO, all shopping channels should be given a 150-199 LCN.

3 Likes

I’m sure that as the case is with most changes on Digital TV, some equipment will pick it up automatically while others will need a rescan.

BTW, I completely agree with the suggestion by WAtvVideos. All shopping channels should be turfed into the 100s.

3 Likes

Prime Media Group do realise that classification boards nor post-commercial break consuner advice symbols are no longer required by ACMA code?

More to the point, why aren’t they just using the dirty feed from BCM (which would have the classifications air in the top left-hand corner)?

Was it only for “Gladiator”?

I think they do this so they can insert their own promotional/commercial supers during programming. It also avoids Seven-specific promo stuff from being shown which may only be relevant for Seven viewers.

Yes. It was a very very rare once-off. I don’t think Prime has ever used one of these advisories since the new look was launched.

2 Likes

Given that Free TV Australia – which includes Prime – basically writes the Code Of Practice, I would think Prime know what’s in it.

3 Likes

Basically all the reasons SCA is called slack for using the dirty feed.

2 Likes

[quote=“WAtvVideos, post:178, topic:153, full:true”]
7TWO supers metro vs Prime

[/quote]The old shiny black “CC” graphic in use looks so out of place. They should’ve adopted the white one Seven are using.

[quote=“WAtvVideos, post:179, topic:153, full:true”]
7mate comparison[/quote]And why have the main channel and 7TWO PRGs with “now on…”, but 7mate simply has “now…” like Seven metro? Consistency much?

[quote=“WAtvVideos, post:195, topic:153, full:true”]IMO, all shopping channels should be given a 150-199 LCN.[/quote]How about 666? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I don’t know why they held on to it. They’ve been using the grey Seven one in lineups and promos for years.

All three channels use both designs. The ‘now on >’ one is when they show only what’s on now and not next. The 7mate comparison I posted showed only now on the Seven version and now & next on the Prime version. I hope that made sense :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like