Seven Regional

Prime Television Canberra (and possibly used at Wollongong as well) opening in March 1989

1 Like

And I always thought it was called Acropolis Now…

1 Like

the series title was, that may have been a working title

Is the WorkSafe Vic Country Football scoreboard localised to each market …?

Eg the individual sponsors for each leagues results.

Here’s something I found on the net:
https://twitter.com/mrtonymartin/status/369999995098779648

1 Like

Has Daniel Gibson left Prime7, or at least left his role on the 6:30 news? Just saw a promo advertising Prime7 News at 6:30 with Madeline Colignog

AFL Vic Update:

AFL Billboard:

4 Likes

Does GWN7 have a different type of sponsor billboard for AFL but with same voiceover?

Not sure why Prime have always done their own for AFL sponsor boards, as graphics and sponsors are the exact same as metro (latter probably has to be for commercial obligatory reasons)?

Has Prime always done Country VFL updates in Vic? Or is it sponsorship-based thing?

AFAIK, they have done it for years.

2 Likes

SC10 was doing it before prime7 started but that ceased when channel 10 lost AFL rights. I remember Alan Besley was presenting it from Bendigo for the majority of its run on SC.

I would love to know when SC started doing Football Scoreboard could of been before aggreagation

2 Likes

Yes, even I can confirm that. Despite being in regional VIC only very occasionally.

so with southern cross television going to become channel 7 as of july 1st , do we think that prime7 and gwn 7 will eventually follow suit when they re do there affiliation agreements ie being 7 victoria , 7 new south wales and 7 wa since this now leaves only prime7 and gwn7 being not a full 7 station

1 Like

I don’t think Prime will change anything because they already incorporate Seven branding with all their services. They are identical to Seven in every aspect with exception to the co-branded logo. Southern Cross on the other hand is independently branded and has traditionally distanced itself from the Seven brand.

13 Likes

I agree that Seven are probably reasonably happy with the co-branding (and hopefully for SC7 viewers their new agreement gets rid of the upscaled SD-to-HD nonsense).

Ten vs WIN is the huge odd-one-out now, but of course their affiliation agreement isn’t due to expire until 30 June 2021, so nothing’s likely to change there anytime soon (unless/until WIN’s owner expires! :wink: ).

3 Likes

If Southern Cross Tasmania (who I’d imagine would’ve fought extremely hard to retain a local TV brand which is probably beloved by Tasmanians) is having to go all out with Seven branding from July 1, I reckon it’s probably only a matter of time before Prime7/GWN7 follow suit despite the current dual branding.

It’s to my understanding that every Prime7 & GWN7 viewing area has a fully Nine-branded station (either through SCA or a joint venture), so one can imagine Seven wanting to have a similar level of branding control/profile when it comes to the main channel & local news service of their regional affiliates.

The situation with CBS/Ten, WIN and regional branding could become extremely interesting come affiliation contract renegotiation time (or possibly even before then, if we see Seven eventually take on a similar regional affiliate branding strategy to Nine) but that’s for another topic.

2 Likes

Or in the case of Northern NSW, owned by Nine Entertainment Co.

4 Likes

Anything’s possible but I don’t think Prime are in a position for Seven to instruct them to be ‘more like Seven’. Prime has never been resistant to supporting Seven’s brand growth unlike SC.

4 Likes

But interesting how they never did with Ten (Southern across TeN), but did from day dot when they changed to Nine.