Seven Regional

Why do the have to trade mark the Prime brand if there are rebranding to 7

3 Likes

Good question

if a trade mark is not intended to be used it can be removed from the register for non-use

one would assume they intend to use it (but who knows)

They’re keeping it so they can slap the logo on random products for their Channel 7 merch store that I’m sure has been very successful for them.

4 Likes

maybe they’ll recoup some of the losses from the more unprofitable regional stations by selling t-shirts and flash drives lol

2 Likes

I thought they were getting rid of the prime name

I still maintain the GWN7 crowbar is an untapped goldmine.

3 Likes

Helps stop others from attempting to use it once Seven rebrand

6 Likes

No. I don’t think Darwin has 9rush I think it’s similar with NBN

Back on topic when I read about prime national news at 6 30 pm I think it’s likely to be axed and replaced with the 30 minute version of the metro 7 news bulletin in a similar way to regional Queensland

1 Like

I reckon they’ll just play the metro bulletin at 6 eventually and then have 7 News (Region) at 5:30. Or have an opt-out at say 5:15, run local news for half an hour then come back for the rest of the metro news.

1 Like

Most likely it will. The prime national news could be replaced by the 30 minute version of the metro 7 news bulletin in a similar way to regional Queensland

More likely to be a 5 to 6 minute opt-out during metro 6pm bulletin I reckon 6:35 to 6:41 before rejoining for the sport segment while metro bulletin screens fluffy content and or content specific to the metro market.

1 Like

Would be nice to see it continue though, it’s much nicer than butchering and splicing the metro bulletin.

2 Likes

If the 6 pm time slot works very well in Queensland I don’t see any reason why they would change it. More than likely the current regional Queensland news lineup will be applied to the prime NSW and Victoria regions. But not sure about WA, what ever happens in WA 7 could continue with that.

2 Likes

Their 5.30 bulletin works already. Nothing needs to change for the time being.

1 Like

They’d be mad messing with the Sue and Rick formula, too

2 Likes

Imagine GWN News switching master control from Canberra to TVW Perth, and making Gold Coast-styled promos (but with Noel standing side-by-side with Rick and Sue at the regional WA promos). :grin:

4 Likes

I reckon GWN will probably move studio production to TVW in the near future.

Noel would fit in nicely with Sue and Rick. He’s been presenting the same bulletin for 24 years. The longest second longest serving regional news presenter in Australia. Possibly the longest serving solo presenter in all of Australia too?

2 Likes

Rob Brough is, as he has presented bulletins since 1995.

7 Likes

Oh Broughie’s beaten him to it. So close!

1 Like