Seven Regional

2 Likes

Which 7mate PRG do you prefer?

• Prime7 version
  • 7 version

0 voters

3 Likes

Which is which?

The one on the left is PRIME7/GWN7, while the one on the right is 7.

2 Likes

I mean… Prime put effort into it.

22 posts were split to a new topic: Prime Media Group

Some content

4 Likes

Hopefully it won’t disappear during the merger and Seven will continue to grow it.

5 Likes

Red Wig promo

2 Likes

PRIME7 has the Olympics watermark during the Supercars. 7TWO and 7mate not affected.

3 Likes

It looks like Prime’s PRG has also been slightly modified. The show titles no longer have any shadowing or a dark gradient behind them. They have tighter kerning and they also sit further away from the logo - almost in the same position as Seven O&O.

Old:

New:

Old:

New:

Hmm. It’s as though they’ve been replicated on a new system?

6 Likes

First time I’ve seen one of these after all this time. I’d tune it at the times when I thought it would be shown, in line with Prime or Seven, but they’d always play a short 7mate dog ident instead.

15 Likes

Well spotted!
Yes, the PRIME Lower Frame Supers are a tad different in very minor aspects. Possibly due to the Saturday changeover of outsourced playout provider.

2 Likes

Looks like it.

For those reading, Prime now comes out of TBS Mediacloud - the same facility that outputs SBS. This leaves MediaHub Australia with just four clients.

2 Likes

I count five:

1. ABC + ABC International
  2. WIN
  3. Imparja
  4. Sky News + Sky News Regional for SCA/WIN
  5. VAST News
3 Likes

And probably will move to NPC when 7 takes over.

1 Like

Maybe not straight away. There’s probably going to be a contract there to see (or pay) out. But yes, you’d expect so eventually.

2 Likes

I wonder if there was anything other than cost that prompted the move? Especially so close to a takeover.