News First (Sky Open NZ)

I’ve actually never heard or seen her. Good to hear she has quite a broadcasting background.

Been in broadcasting for a while as far as I know. Currently a newsreader for The Sound during breakfast and then hosts the 10am-2pm shift.

She used to be a newsreader/contributer when Stables hosted drive on ZM.

2 Likes

Wow she has had quite a career and still going strong. I’m struggling to remember her from the Stables era of ZM Drive, I used to listen to his show quite a bit back then. Cheers for the background.

1 Like
5 Likes

Does anyone know how Prime News is doing in the news ratings? Surely there must be a bump in the numbers watching the 5:30 bulletin.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: New Zealand TV

Found some ratings data for Prime News from Sunday, it was the 11th most watched programme out of the top 15, a good result for the little battler:

https://www.screenscribe.net/hd-ratings-luminaries-shines-brightly/

2 Likes

30 minutes might be hitting the spot for those fatigued with Covid coverage.

3 Likes

Abit of a blooper on Prime News last night with Eric crossing to Zach Fleming who couldn’t hear nor had the correct PrimeNews mic while also muttering what sounds like "F**k, I forgot about Prime":joy::joy::joy: Rather interesting he had just finished his live cross on Three and was preparing to cross to Prime a minute or two later. Cross happens at 0.46 into the bulletin:

7 Likes

“I’ve got no comms”

3 Likes

Can you/someone upload a video for us on the other side?

1 Like

Here’s one I found on twitter:

3 Likes

Just seen a Prime News promo. They seldom do any promos so I’m quite surprised. The emphasis was “all the news in 30 mins”. Does anyone have the clip as I didn’t capture it. Hopefully this is a sign that they will be pushing their news product more.

4 Likes

(8/3/2021) Laura Tupou is presenting tonight.

3 Likes

I think they need a real studio and make it a 1-hour program with 2 new hosts

1 Like

Won’t happen. It’s a low-cost presentation on purpose. It’s meant to be no-frills and it’s outsourced as well.

7 Likes

I wish Sky put more money into it

1 Like

Cost to benift ratio is low from Sky’s presective.

3 Likes

Why? Having a 30 minute bulletin is a clear point of difference against the 1 hour programs on One and Three.

1 Like

@DJPizarro It would make 1News and Newshub have more to care about as they could lose people to Prime

1 Like