Other elements:

Coming up:

Cross the sport:

Weather:

Closer:

5 Likes

Central West Bulletin - 2000

4 Likes

With one of the stories about an Olympic equestrian event of some sort, probably from September 2000?

1 Like

Prime Local News Central West Updates:

1992:

17/5/1993:

7 Likes

As you pointed out during last night’s tweets, the female presenter of that Local Market & Weather Report was Celina Edmonds…who of course would later go onto bigger and better things.

Meanwhile it’s to the best of my understanding that the male presenter of those News Updates is the late Peter Andren, who after his time at Prime became a rather popular independent MP for the federal electorate of Calare (which takes in part of the Prime Central West viewing area) and was going to contest a NSW Senate seat in 2007 but had to withdraw after his diagnosis with pancreatic cancer. Seems like he was an admirable fellow.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s the late Peter Andren. Peter actually left Prime to run in the '96 election, and was replaced by Helen Browne (now Clare)

1 Like

What was that report about Burger King?

It was about their Shellharbour store opening, a classic “You know you’re watching regional news when…” story! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

9:12

2 Likes

Sadly, Burger King would leave Australia in 2002.

And became Hungry Jacks, IIRC

1 Like

I remember there used to be a Burger King at Melbourne Airport.

I remember that. Didn’t last long though.

1 Like

There was a BK in Cranbourne that I loved going to

1 Like

Prime News Illawarra Updates - 26/3/2004

2 Likes

Can’t believe this was 18 years ago :open_mouth:
Dan is still at Prime7 today, while Nat is making a name for herself in Perth :slight_smile:

1 Like

Friday 24 March, 2000
Gerard Healy’s AFL preview for Prime and GWN.

8 Likes

Prime News Newcastle Updates and Promo - 1993 and 1994

5 Likes

The woman co-anchoring with Murray Finlay is Janette Hankinson, now known as Jaye Ford, and is currently an author

1 Like

Prime Local News Newcastle - Friday 18/6/1999

5 Likes