Pointless

Didn’t Netflix officially launch in the Australian market around Early 2015?

Another important thing to remember: analogue TV transmissions were still running in Sydney & Melbourne this time five years ago!

Conversations keep repeating once again on these threads! :joy:

How do you think the landscape hasn’t changed? Look at shows like MKR, The Voice, House Rules, Home and Away etc. they’re all on a sharp ratings decline (and they were top rating shows at the time, whilst Simpsons didn’t even win the timeslot). Heck even the news programs are rating below what they used to in 2013. What makes you think that Simpsons won’t do the same?

2 Likes

How much decline for Simpsons? Even if it was down 30% (around 100k) it would still beat what Pointless rated last night (excl Eleven and One).

You brought up Simpsons. :slight_smile:

The next conversation should be how long until Pointless is axed.

I don’t think Pointless aired on ONE or Eleven last night, as the listings are different to what the EPG says.

Family Feud lasted 4 years with similar ratings. Dont understand all the scrutiny for the Pointless ratings when there wasn’t half as much discussion regarding Family Feud’s ratings.

2 Likes

Some people can’t handle change and want to go back to their childhood.

10 Likes

Didn’t Family Feud regularly make it to the top 20 ? Pointless hasn’t the last few days…

No it wasn’t, not for the last year or 2 at least.

No surprises that Pointless has dropped off from launch after the initial interest wore off and is not making it into the top 20 either.

Survey says

6 Likes

Pointless’s pointless roadblock appears to be over.

2 Likes

Yep, they only aired it across the three channels for its first week. Looking at last night’s ratings Pointless rated in the 300k region, pretty much the same as Family Feud. TBH I think anything Ten put there would get similar ratings.

1 Like

Did Ten ever try Modern Family stripped at 6pm before it lost the rights?

No they didn’t

They would have needed to heavily edit them for a G timeslot.

Classification issues aside, I wouldn’t mind seeing a US sitcom stripped at 6pm. Perhaps Superstore? (Pity Ten don’t have the rights to anything)

Hardly surprising from you but the problem is that the wider audience does not want to watch American sitcom repeats. Unless it’s on a multichannel where lower ratings don’t matter.

If Ten had the rights to Big Bang, I can guarantee the ratings would be higher than Pointless. They just need to find the right show.

Not these days. That show has run its course. People will still watch news over any American sitcom.

Big Bang would maybe rate 400k at best. New episodes on Nine don’t get much higher than 730k.