Pointless

It’s on Tenplay Right Now and a Good Idea for Ten to Simulcast the Show across it’s Channels.

The show is now able to be streamed on Ten Play.

1 Like

Watched again tonight. It’s pretty bad all round.

1 Like

Just caught up with the first episode on tenplay, noting that the 2nd episode isn’t appearing for me yet.

I didn’t hate it, and quite like Mark & Andrew together and thought Rochford really excelled in his role. I thought Mark did a pretty good job and will get better, he has a unique way of presenting but really needs to stop yelling Doc.

The audience seemed a little small and underwhelmed at some points plus they didn’t know when to clap at some points which wouldn’t be hard to fix, some more audible clapping might help with the atmosphere.

I also didn’t like when Mark went to check an answer on the tower thing that the camera stayed on him a little too long before going to the split screen with the contestants reaction, this probably shows the limitation of the Pyrmont studio with not being able to get a wide shot there.

Otherwise I thought it was good and would probably watch it again, if I was home in time.

2 Likes

Audio here:

https://omny.fm/shows/stav-abby-and-matt/grant-denyer-vs-mark-humphries

Some negative reactions to #PointlessAU

(With the WIN Shitstain Watermark on Pointless) - Get rid of that intrusive watermark!

3 Likes

Not sure how that is a negative comment. Futuristic wheelchairs and large testicles is my dream.

11 Likes

With your news gathering skills I’d say you’re a shoe in with any News Limited masthead in the country.

Is there anything positive on Twitter that makes the papers?

2 Likes

Positives

4 Likes

Its amazing how much feedback the axeing of family fued had…so where where all the ratings figures to back it up :joy:

6 Likes

So basically all the disgruntled Family Feud fans. Why weren’t they watching Family Feud in large enough numbers to prevent it being axed? Most comments on social media these days are negative.

8 Likes

People have multiple twitter accounts. It’s a bit harder to artificially inflate ratings figures.

1 Like

Was just watching Hawaii Five-O, next thing Pointless is on when I was expecting The Project encore but just realised there is a TBA in the schedule.

Not sure if Ten are doing the show a disservice by airing a late night encore and then another in the afternoon the following day.

Pointless nowhere near as fun as FF.

Also, how does anyone get eliminated? Every time i catch an elimination, its said they will be back in the next episode!

Only the pair that makes it to final round doesn’t come back for the next episode.

Indeed. One guy I know was operating 5 at once! I think he’s down to 4 now though.

As for Pointless, at least it doesn’t have the lame “audience yelling out the missing answers in unison” like Family Feud had. It feels a bit more modern while Family Feud has never quite moved on from the lame, town hall sorta feel.

4 Likes

And now for some serious television critique, we turn to…

1 Like

I disagree. Family Feud started well but by the end it was feeling very tired.

Mark and Andrew have some great chemistry so it’s been funny watching them bounce off each other and let the contestants shine as well. Some genuine laughs so far.

I like to see them ramp up the comedy even more in coming weeks.

And ramp up the prize money a little as you suggested, it all seems a little cheap even without the constant plugging of board games, car brands, various companies contributing gift cards etc.