Plus Media Ltd (Plus, Trouble, Juice FM, etc)

Just letting you know that Nicky Styris (from Newshub, in real life) will read the weekend sport and Heather Keats (from The Sound) will anchor the weather. Jenny Suo (from TVNZ, in real life) will anchor Plus News Updates during the evening on weeknights (at approx 8pm, 9pm and 10pm). This is a last-minute amendment to your anchor line-up and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Oh my god, thank you so much these look fantastic!

2 Likes

You’re more than welcome. And let’s not forget the Plus Late News bulletin for 15 minutes at 11pm. It’s longer than the regular Plus News Updates at 8pm, 9pm and 10pm approx.

Once again, keep writing!

1 Like

@PaddyTePou can you help me with some graphics for WTV News?

1 Like

I’ll be more than happy to create some graphics for you. And I’ll send you some samples once they are done.

1 Like

Thank You Very much!

1 Like

SCHEDULE CHANGE:

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (Sundays at 11:15pm) is actually only half-an-hour long. As such the schedule has been amended to have Nightscreen start at 11:45pm, rather than the usual 12am.

Apologies for any inconviences.

2 Likes

I almost forgot! Russian Doll (which airs Thursdays at 10.30pm) is, in fact, an hour-long series - not a half hour - so Plus Late News will air at the later time of 11.30pm, rather than its usual 11pm slot.

3 Likes

Don’t worry, I already changed it earlier.

3 Likes

I have put together a series of graphics for Plus Television (using Microsoft PowerPoint).

Watermark

Programme return guide (PRG) - now and next

Programme return guide (PRG) - classification and audience advisory

Promo endcaps

Audience advisories (prior to start of programme)

I had to put “See safeviewing.co.nz for more information” at the bottom of the picture. In New Zealand, free-to-air television classifications changed last year (1 May 2020) and people can find more information in regard to classification and timeband changes at safeviewing.co.nz or by watching a video below, featuring How to DAD (alias Jordan Watson).

Nightscreen

Speaking of Plus Nightscreen, in which @LiamP devised, it is basically a text-based information service with a full rundown of programmes on Plus for the week ahead and highlights of upcoming programmes in detail. There is also a weather forecast on the top right hand corner of the screen, and the More FM logo (underneath the ‘You’re listening to’ in capitals) at the bottom with a direct simulcast of Auckland’s More FM (91.8FM) playing in the background.

All images and logos: Supplied.

DISCLAIMER: Plus Television New Zealand Ltd (trading as Plus) is a fictional broadcaster and will not broadcast to New Zealand, as it is fictitious and imaginary. Thank you for understanding.

2 Likes

Excellent work pal! Looks great! :grinning:

1 Like

THE SLOGAN
Every great mock network needs a slogan. My good friend @PaddyTePou 's network PTV has the slogan “In the Mood”. Another one of my good friends @AK_NEWS 's network WTV has the slogan “We Mean It”

Today, Plus finally has a slogan. I have chosen “Welcome Home”, the former slogan of Australia’s Nine Network between 2012 and 2018. I believe that this slogan ties together perfectly with Plus’s programming strategy (which is also starting today) which is to “provide quality programming to relax with after a long day at work, home or school”. It also provides a sense of coziness and warmth, to make the viewer feel right at home whenever they watch.

PROGRAMMING CHANGES
Family Matters now replaces Brain Games at 5pm weekdays.
Sunday’s MadTV repeat will now be replaced by US sketch improv show Who’s Line Is It Anyway?, airing on Sunday nights at 10pm.

What do you guys think of the new slogan/strategy?

2 Likes

MORE PROGRAMMING CHANGES
To make sure Plus’s broadcast day finishes every night at the same time, I have moved Plus Late News up half an hour to 11:30 pm at night.

I have also added two US sitcoms to the 11:00 pm slot: Friends (Mon-Wed) and 30 Rock (Fridays, can also be pre-empted for longer movies)

After The Late Late Show (weeknights at 11:45 pm), there is a 15-minute gap before Nightscreen, which will be filled with the adult-animated sketch show Robot Chicken.

Plus Nightscreen will now begin from 1:00 am weeknights.

On weekends, another 15-minute gap at 11:45 pm between LWT (Saturday)/Ally McBeal (Sunday) and Nightscreen will be filled by a fellow Adult Swim show: Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Nightscreen will begin at midnight.

While this may be a bit confusing to some, it’s all for the greater good as we’re now getting more shows out of our broadcast day than ever before.

Thank you for your understanding.

2 Likes

BRAND NEW PROGRAMMING BLOCK
Plus is excited to announce that Saturday afternoons will be taken over by a new teen-oriented block known as Trouble. Trouble will air from 1 pm to 6 pm on Saturdays and feature some of the best programming for teens, from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, and now.

Here is an example schedule for Trouble’s first few weeks:
1 pm: Beverly Hills 90210 (moved up half-an-hour)
2 pm: Saved by The Bell
2:30 pm: H20: Just Add Water
3 pm: Friends Omnibus (repeats of the shows from Mon-Wed)
4:30 pm: Kenan and Kel
5 pm: Trouble Top 10 (Top of the Pops style show sponsored by Juice FM, rebranded from Plus Top 10)

As such, Lego Masters and the former Plus Top 10 will switch timeslots. Lego Masters UK will now be found on Sundays at 5 pm.

Full House will move half an hour earlier to 12:30 pm and replace both 90210’s former slot as well as Sunday’s airing of ALF.

Classic programming on Sundays will now start at 1 pm, right after Full House.

Thank you for your support.

1 Like

And yes, Trouble is named after the former UK channel of the same name.

2 Likes

@LiamP What is “Trouble Top 10”? Is it a chart-oriented music video show that counts down the week’s top 10 singles (from The Official New Zealand Music Chart)?

Exactly.

1 Like

Good. “Trouble Top 10” is loosely based on my music chart show called “Countdown”.

Which itself is loosely based on Top of the Pops.

1 Like

CHANNEL CHANGES
Plus will now be found on Freeview channel 13, between PTV6 and Te Reo on channel 15.

You may need to retune your (fictional) Freeview receivers to receive Plus on its new channel space.

Thank you for understanding.

2 Likes