Perth Telethon

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f582620c968>

And it was achieved despite a weaker guest line-up than last year’s 50th anniversary.
This year is the first time I watch Telethon for a substantial period. I saw the opening, the early morning (5.30am-6.30am AWST), breakfast and then the final two hours tonight. I was impressed with the production standard. If only some of those elements can be transferred to next year’s Good Friday Appeal here in Melbourne. But guess donation is the most important thing here.

2 Likes

no one cares about the guests lmao. people donate cos it’s basically a tradition now.

christ and it’s gonna be like $100 mill per year in like a decade or two

4 Likes

Just shows you Even a B team can still bring home the bacon
Once again onya Wa :clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

GWN7 is using the Live And Free sport watermark.

Last year I was at Telethon for mid morning early afternoon and watched bits and pieces at home.

Well done to all of Perth and Western Australia.

3 Likes

I watched the closing part of the Telethon that involves Leo Sayer singing You Make me feel like dancing. The people on the stage danced and sang out in unison. During the end, they played a tribute to Savannah Addis, Telethon 2011 star who tragically passed away 2 months ago. Your legacy will live on forever, Savannah. RIP Savannah. (2000-2018) The telecast finished at 8:40PM (Perth Time).

2 Likes

Arnt they done at silk studios where they also produce them for today extra too?

Basil has been doing Telethon since the turn of the decade after Jeff Newman’s retirement in 2009

I went to the closing tonight…

1 Like

@SamSamTV did you happen to get a video of the $300 million celebration?

1 Like

Sorry typo, should’ve been odd.

my point still stands

1 Like

Fair enough then. I just don’t think a infomercial anchor, even if well known now, can be justified attending ahead of higher profile people, especially to Perth, who notably were not invited or assumedly so.

others may have been invited but declined to take part or were not available. For a 26 hour telethon it might be difficult to fill with network talent so they’re probably just grateful for anyone who agrees.

5 Likes

Exactly this, especially considering it seems like they struggled to even get the likes of local radio talent (I guess radio is networked these days there isn’t much of it left like the old days) to turn up this year to plug the gaps across the 26 hours.

3 Likes

@TV.Cynic Any possibility of finding out the ratings for the prime time sessions of Telethon for Sat & Sunday nights ??

PerthNow has the conga-line celebration here - https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/telethon/telethon-smashes-300-million-record-bc-5851513269001

1 Like

Sunrise’s Nelson Aspen will be part of this years line-up.

4 Likes

Ricki-Lee Coulter will be part of this year’s line-up, alongside Sam Frost, Johanna Griggs, Dr Harry Cooper and Issa Schultz.

5 Likes
Get Connected: Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter