Paramount+

I dont understand . Why recycle old crimes to create a new drama series ? I thought Underbelly Golden Mile was fantastic. … but where is the originality here ?

This one is based on his book.

I don’t think it will be anything like the golden mile tbh. The golden mile is only based on events that happen in King’s cross. This is more based on his life.

$50 million seems like a crazy amount of money, doesn’t it? I always thought drama ran at about $1 million for an hour generally, so 5 x times that seems wild.

Anyway, good to see an Australian Original will be screened globally on the platform.

It seems the global deals these shows are made under allow for larger budgets. Seems the way of the future. Many of these Australian dramas also seem to have international actors attached to them as well. It would seem that international casting is part of the conditions to get some of these made.

2 Likes
1 Like

I swear this was on Stan at some point.

Good they are adding the original, no point me watching the movies having never seen the original .

Transformers: EarthSpark is set to debut exclusively on Paramount+ in the U.S. in November, and on Paramount+ and select Nickelodeon channels internationally.

Mike Judge’s Beavis And Butt-Head.

Streaming Exclusively On Paramount+ On Friday, 5 August.

Paramount+’s upcoming new adult animated series, Mike Judge’s Beavis And Butt-Head, will premiere on the service Friday, 5 August.

The new series follows on the heels of the recently released and critically acclaimed Paramount+ original film Beavis And Butt-Head Do The Universe, which is now available to stream. The service also hosts the 1996 classic movie Beavis and Butt-Head Do America, as well as remastered versions of the classic series, with the full library available soon.

In Mike Judge’s Beavis And Butt-Head, Beavis and Butt-Head are back and stupider than ever.

Created and voiced by writer, producer and director Mike Judge, the characters of Beavis and Butt-Head originated in Judge’s 1992 short film Frog Baseball, which was broadcast by MTV’s animation showcase Liquid Television. After MTV commissioned a full series around the characters, Beavis and Butt-Head ran for seven seasons from March 8, 1993 to Nov. 28, 1997. The series was revived in 2011 with an eighth season airing on MTV. During its initial run, Beavis and Butt-Head received widespread critical acclaim for its satirical, scathing commentary on society. The show’s popularity spawned various related media, including the theatrical film Beavis and Butt-Head Do America in 1996.

Mike Judge’s Beavis And Butt-Head is executive-produced by Mike Judge, Lew Morton and Michael Rotenberg, and Chris Prynoski, Shannon Prynoski, Ben Kalina, and Antonio Canobbio for Titmouse.

1 Like

I look forward to watching new Beavis and Butt-head. I hope the humour is like the classic series that aired back in the 90s.

Aargh so they added the old Beavis and Butthead

Here is what they added

Season 1 to 3 missing

Season 4 just one episode called Episode 2 Cow Tipping - 30 episodes missing

Season 5 : Episode 11 and 13 Career Day and Take a Number 48 episodes missing

Season 6 20 eps missing

Season 7 : 13 episodes but random ones and 28 episodes missing

Season 8 : 3 episodes and random ones and 19 episodes missing

Ridiculous ! so 19 out of 225 made so only 8 percent of it

2 Likes

Good job Paramount

Maybe it’s copyright issues though this article suggested 200 episodes… perhaps in the US only…

1 Like

Did you read the full press release? Here is what it states in the release.

The new series follows on the heels of the recently released and critically acclaimed Paramount+ original film Beavis And Butt-Head Do The Universe , which is now available to stream. The service also hosts the 1996 classic movie Beavis and Butt-Head Do America , as well as remastered versions of the classic series, with the full library available soon.

It clearly means that the rest of the library will be available at a later date.

The Bridge Australia debuts on P+ on August 19, according to a promo shown during Hunted tonight. The show is narrated by Hugo Weaving.

2 Likes

Didn’t look too bad.

Great setting in remote Tasmania.

3 Likes