Paramount Australia & New Zealand

Will we lose Gogglebox?

I think it’s a bit early to be speculating on individual programs

14 Likes

It’s going to all depend on shareholders. Both Ten and MCN are the same sales team, so will be interesting how the restructure of that and programming from foxtel happens

3 Likes

Forget Gogglebox, won’t someone think about future seasons of Whose Line is it Anyway Australia.

2 Likes

A pale imitation of the original, and it doesn’t deserve another season.

2 Likes

NCIS: Sydney?

19 Likes

It remains to be seen… hahaha

Anyhow, if there is a logo change, I hope you all enjoy it, we’ll just sit here in WIN land unable to see it and possibly with it getting even bigger due to sour grapes. sigh

4 Likes

NCIS: Wollongong

Followed by a new series of “I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here” at the new location of the treacherous Bermuda Jungle and to round out a great evening of programming “Undercover Boss” where we follow Rupert Murdoch around his businesses after concerns that money is going missing, is it through dodgy investments? Find out on this action packed night of programming on CBS10.

Wollongong would be more suited to a TV adaption of Mad Max.

If Stan has CBS content is that part of the Showtime deal ? I know they have shows like Elementary and Madam Secretary and Scorpion All Ch10 shows but not first run.

Yep Bruce almighty’s gigantic ego will be peeved off over this and god help us poor regional folks who he has no respect for!

The Australian has real sour grapes in the reporting of all this. They got it woefully wrong. So did Murdoch and Gordon.

As for that nine finance article…of course they would slant it poorly. CBS have to invest in content otherwise they won’t rate. They know this. They run the most watched network in the US. They have to produce 55% Australian content between 6am and midnight every day. US content doesn’t rate in prime time so they won’t be airing shit that can’t get advertisers.

As for MCN they actually now own 25% of it as it is an asset of ten’s. So those contracts etc are in place. FOXTEL will need to pay CBS/Ten if they want MCN to exclusively sell advertising for fox.

Regarding cricket rights… someone at ten now will be telling the new management that it’s imperative for their summer advertising to get cricket. It’s essential for ten and cbs will know this.

Nine entertainment, news corp, seven west will all be death riding this deal as it will affect them immensely.

5 Likes

Wish I’d put money on it when I had that hunch three weeks ago.

I’m excited by the opportunities this will create for the industry. I just hope they don’t go down the Bob Shanks route and try to Americanise Ten to the point of alienating their remaining viewers.

Apart from a few bright patches, the audience has historically struggled to see Ten as a news network. Hopefully CBS is in it for the long haul and has the patience to allow any new productions to gain a following. A late evening bulletin should be top of their list considering Ten’s success in the past and the lack of an offering currently on commercial television.

I think Bruce will give up his dream of being a major national media mogul in this country and scurry back to retirement in Bermuda. Very interested to see what Andrew does with the business when Bruce is no longer hovering over his shoulder.

9 Likes

The Ten upfronts should be interesting in a couple of months time, hopefully this purchase of the network by CBS can green light a plethora of new original programming for 2018. One can only hope anyway…

3 Likes

Eight celebrities are deposited in an unknown location, relying only on their wits and each other to make it through a series of harrowing challenges and deal with hostile locals.

Join us for I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here: Westfield Warrawong.

5 Likes

Just in terms of scale… ten are now getting cbs content pretty much for free because they own it. CBS gets to make more money from its own content.

In terms of market capitalization cbs is worth $us35 billion. They aren’t going to run ten as some sort of tight arse operation.

They will also surely hire new management with experience in Australia. Most of tens existing executives have got to go. They’ve been fucken useless due to what Murdoch did to the place from 2011 onwards.

They really need new promo teams in there as well. Americans do promos well so cbs will not be happy with what currently goes to air. They also will need to lift its game in news… cbs prides itself on news.

Another big plus is Les Moonves. He’s been there for 20 years and knows how to run tv networks. None of this amateur hour shit ten currently gets away with.

9 Likes

Steady on. They don’t own it yet. Still several hurdles to jump. I wouldn’t expect to see anything new or different on Ten in 2018. It’ll be steady as she goes until new management is installed.

4 Likes

Agreed. Ten’s competitiors publicising a negative analysis shouldn’t surprise anyone.

Hopefully it’ll also mean more international exposure (via CBS All Access) of Ten’s Australian programming; I don’t know how many Americans will watch any of it but there may be more in Canada and the UK. It certainly won’t hurt.

A good thing with video on-demand is minimal downside to making available to everyone extra/niche content already owned/licensed (it’s just a little bit of storage on a server somewhere).

As many have said here this is a disaster for news corp…
They wanted ten for sky news… now that’s all gone. They wanted ten to keep fox sports in supremacy… that’s also gone now. Lachlan has fucked up big time. This is all jos fault from the beginning when they shut down ONE and started cutting costs.

Arguably ten now have more money than seven and nine. And conssidering cbs have got this on the cheap I’m sure they’ll invest some money initially to get the place up and running again.

13 Likes

There is a lot of things to get excited about with this purchase, but I am personally most excited for how the news department can evolve going forward.

8 Likes