SEN (Radio)

According to Twitter, SEN+ will carry the Football Nation call of the W-League Grand Final this Saturday. Coverage commences at 4pm AEDT.

Suspect most of the games will be on SEN+ but it’s a good pick-up considering the growing number of Australians playing in the NBA:

1 Like

That’s a good get by SEN. How will it cover the NBA Finals though? These matches can be played any day of the week.

Love how they announce it today despite it being in their weekly programming guide since Monday.
Unfortunately for anyone wanting to listen you’ll have to endure Cam Luke. Just another of Hutchy’s jack of all trades, master of none. Actually surprised Heverin isn’t doing it!

Have they announced their Super Rugby coverage yet or will that just randomly pop up too?

1 Like

I like Cam Luke. I enjoyed listening to him on drive on EON Sports Radio during it’s short life.

There’s always one hahahaha

1 Like

Think Again: https://www.change.org/p/pacific-star-network-radio-2ch-pty-ltd-to-buy-50-of-1377-sen-from-crocmedia-and-revive-3mp/share_for_starters?just_created=true

Oh no, not an absolutely pointless change dot org petition.
You don’t get it - Crocmedia have purchased NBA, NFL, Super Rugby, and cricket rights to go with their existing Aussie Rules, NBL, A League and tennis rights. They’ve got absolutely no plans of returning to a music format, let it go.

4 Likes

Yeah not gonna happen. What’s done is done and a handful of names (so far, only 1) on an online petition ain’t going to change anything.

1 Like

They’ve got SEN2 and SEN3 to Broadcast on.

You’ve got YouTube and Spotify to listen to if you want rock music…
Unless you’re going to buy 1377 yourself (trust me, PSN want these sports on the AM dial in Melb so good luck) nothing will change.

Google Play Music / YouTube Music has everything you need. iHeartRadio has classic hits stations and dedicated 50s, 60s, 70s 80s and 90s stations. You don’t need an AM radio station in Melbourne.

Oceania Capital is currently losing money on 2CH. They probably want to get it profitable before there are any thoughts of buying a fourth station.

5 Likes

1377 just Started to Play Music from the 70’s and 80’s at the Moment.

Just static on dab+, silence on the stream.

Now a lot of ads, buts thats kinda normal for SEN so hard to tell.

Maybe you heard the breakdown track?

2 Likes

Let’s face it, if any network is the one to pester, it ain’t PSN. You’ll never get Hutchy to flip, since melbourninans can never have enough sport apparently.
Maybe directing it at the asterisk in the room is a start, but yes, as others have said, just use streaming services. The days of AM music in Melbourne (and Sydney if it wasn’t for CH) are pretty much gone.

3 Likes

Which asterisk are you referring to? 1377 wasn’t part of the ratings set up in 2018, has that changed for this year?

Macquarie Sport Radio

Has what exactly to do with PSN?

I think what @Savvy was saying for the benefit of @TheStyles83 is that MSR would be a better target to flip to music than 3MP.

2 Likes