SEN (Radio)

Nice to hear them using Golden Earring’s “Radar Love” as their traffic bed - throwback to Gold 104 circa five or six years ago

3 Likes

RIP 3MP.

Nice to see they actually have an online presence though! 3MP never seemed to.

WSFM here in Sydney also used to use that song as their theme for their “Time Saver Traffic” updates until about 2012 or maybe 2013! :slight_smile:

Classic Rock Radio just played the full cut of Dire Straits’ “Money for Nothing” - the word f**got and all. Promoting 60 minutes ad-free.

I’m trying to remember how much the Gold ‘sound’ changed - Grubby & Dee Dee finished up in 2011, and I feel like Jono & Dano were gone on drive by 2012. Perhaps 2013?.

2 Likes

Maybe Pacific Star would be interested in 2CH for classic rock and/or SEN?

1 Like

Eddie also does panel op work for SEN so I’d expect that he’s still there. I believe all his shifts on 3MP were voice tracked, so his workload wouldn’t have changed much.

2 Likes

Sounds like other than traffic and news, no announcers anyway, which is a mistake I think, even use John and Eddie, tell us about the music a bit. Nothing too much, could be voice tracked. Makes it more listenable.

Traffic report just ended with “on 1377 3MP”

Thanks for the info. @TV-Expert. So we can share the music with others. :slight_smile:

1 Like

MMM is trying to cause mischief in Melbourne! They are duplicating their MMM simulcast on DAB+ as Classic Rock (the normal simulcast still appears as Triple M) . So Melbourne appears to have 2 Classic Rock stations. IMO, pretty bad behavior on the part of SCA. Fraud! :grin: They give up this station so good on Pacific Star for taking it up. By the way IMO again, Pacific Star’s Classic Rock is MUCH better than SCA’s was.

1 Like

Sweeper just heard on CRR:
“Tell your mates, the classic rock is back”

Nice little dig back at 'em

Wooo! I hope they get back in the ratings and are really successful and don’t go rushing back to the old format - I’ll gladly take AM music over talk and football, so this will likely be my goto station in the car.

And on DAB it’s a better bit rate than MMM Classic Rock was, so again Melbourne wins…

They should probably replace Aussie or KOOOL with MyMP - as that’s still a valuable niche, given how much more listenable it is than Magic. Aussie is probably the most cannibalised by CRR, given how rock skewed it is, though KOOOL is closer in format to MyMP.

How can you listen to AM music though? It sounds awful, especially the weak 1377 frequency.

And Sea FM Sunshine Coast 16 or so years ago. It’s been done before.

1 Like

Aussie is the top rating dab+ only station in Melbourne, doubt they’ll replace that.

I wish they would stream Aussie again- it’s a great little station. It is fitting that its reception is limited to the home of Aussie Rules and Vegemite, though.

I’ll give the new Classic Rock 1377 an extended listen this afternoon, but I got the impression that it’s a little safer than MMM Classic Rock. I need to hear stuff like Supertramp’s “School” and Jethro Tull’s “Aqualung”, both of which were staples on MMMCR.

1 Like

@jag3146
Totally agree. Pathetic of SCA to try to pretend they still have a Classic Rock station on DAB. They were doing it in Brisbane too - they had a Triple M and a Classic Rock still on DAB, with both playing bogan talk Triple M.

Good on Pacific Star for giving it to them! Wish someone would in the other capitals too.

@TVHead
You don’t listen to AM music - you listen to it on DAB!
But even so, I’d rather listen to AM any day than the repetitive flogged songs, non-stop talking, and endless ads on Triple M.

1 Like

I don’t remember this being done in Sydney. Classic Rock was changed to OMG pretty quickly from memory…

Just let the DAB now playing do a log for me from Classic Rock, from 8:40-10:15pm tonight:

The Beatles - Lady Madonna
Bad Company - Feel Like Makin’ Love
Tom Petty - Free Fallin
The Rolling Stones - Tumblin’ Dice
Bob Dylan - Just Like A Woman
Kiss - I Was Made For Lovin’ You
Stevie Nicks - Stand Back
Alice Cooper - Schools Out
Small Faces - Itchycoo Park
Rod Stewart - Killing Of Georgie Part I and II
The Choirboys - Run To Paradise
Who - Behind Blue Eyes