SEN (Radio)

it’s working my end on 1377

Thank you Laoma, pretty good at present.

Tried Rebel to many ads and chat. Spent today putting together my favourites on Deezer.:rofl:

Rebel also carries the syndicated Macquarie news bulletins every couple of hours (hourly at breakfast and drive) even overnight. These bulletins in my opinion are too political-oriented.

3 Likes

Hutchy really tried to have a go at me and the other classic rock fans

I am surprised no NRL on SEN +. I guess it’s not popular in Melbourne.

SEN+ was totally dead air when I tuned in on digital radio earlier on - it came back for the ads, then disappeared again before finally resuming a simulcast with SEN.

Not sure if it impacted the analogue service as well - but either way it shows how little they care about it.

1 Like

Macquarie Sports Radio has NRL commercial radio rights in Melbourne (both NRL Nation and 2GB).

4 Likes

The Eastern Football Leaue sen+ is symilcastung it wilth 98.1 Radio EasternFM SEN + may well gain listeners from Radio EasternFM 98.1

1 Like

How sad that the former ratings topping 3MP is reduced to broadcasting suburban football.

7 Likes

Frankie
Sad as it s that 1377 Broadcasts suburban Football this could help 1377 in some way because Radio Eastern 98.1FM may will lose theIr listeners to SEN+ some mofre cimmunity sports could be on SEN+

And that would be sad for community radio who rely on sponsors and subscriptions to provide a service to their community, not a way to line Hutchinson’s pockets.

3 Likes

I AGREEE

Put 60’s and 70’s music on SEN+

There is now 647 Supporters for the change.org petition! lets keep it coming and hopefully Mr Hutchinson and PSN will change their minds.

https://www.change.org/p/pacific-star-networks-change-sen-back-into-classic-rock-radio

3 Likes

I signed it.

I have a gripe with change.org, as the website is very spammy. It needs to stop trying to force you to sign other petitions.

1 Like

I don’t believe Hutchison will change his mind unfortunately. I have set up my own Classic Rock Radio on Spotify. I have even set up a 60’s 70’s and 80’s station like 3MP was before CRR. Don’t miss Frank Walker one bit. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I tend to agree. In this new era of smart speakers and steaming services - a juke box radio station like 3MP or CRR (on the AM dial especially) doesn’t make sense especially when owned by a company which now holds national syndication radio rights for AFL, NRL, A-League and now Cricket.

Don’t be too hopeful. I think SEN+ is here to stay. Perhaps turn your attention to Macquarie Sports Radio. More chance of them bringing back Magic 1278 I think.

2 Likes

Or, evil thought… they bring back 3AW+ on 1278.

Which they did operate on DAB+ before NTS replaced it.

2 Likes

Personally I’m not interested whether Magic comes back. Too old fashioned for this oldie. :slight_smile:

1 Like