SEN (Radio)

Gawd, how much is a bloody Zone 1/2 myki fare! I think it’s around $4.30 full fare for two hours. Would have to make a lot of trips for it to be $200.

What’s the casual (which Megan was) rate to hire someone for an undecided mount of time? Think $200 for the service is rather cheap personally.

1 Like

Very cheap. Music shifts would not be $200 these days let alone this which is a far more demanding, skilled role.

Journalists and reporters wouldn’t know what a train station looked like if it was their background…

Transmission problems at the House of Hutch:

Since resolved.

2 Likes

Why can’t Pacific Star Create an 60’s and 70’s Classics style station like the Old Mymp did?

Yep was driving this morning and 1116 AM just crackles, knew a transmission issue immediately as 693 AM was perfect plus 774 AM, etc

I’m surprised 1116 went offline and not 1377.

1 Like

For what it’s worth the two are at different sites - AK at Lower Plenty, and MP at Rowville

2 Likes

This makes sense now, the one day I was actually trying to listen to SEN on analog radio and couldn’t find it. Just figured the signal was weak and I put on 3AW instead that afternoon.

As if there are not enough sport radio stations in Melbourne, today Jon Anderson wrote in his Sunday Herald Sun column that SEN is considering using 1377 as the second station. He suggested that SEN would concentrate on the AFL while 1377 would cover general sports.

If that’s to be the case, then Melbourne would be left without having a single commercial AM music station, in which all of them are on FM.

It would mean the end of Classic Rock Radio, but the format is already well covered by Triple M Classic Rock Digital, which is available on DAB+.

Surprised they didn’t make this change at the start of 2018, actually. On the other hand, this makes Melbourne the first market to have four commercial sports radio stations, all on AM radio - and that’s before you even consider ABC Grandstand or the AFL commentary on Triple M.

If this does come to fruition, what I forsee them doing is simulcasting the main show schedule (Breakfast, Mornings, Afternoons, Drive, Nights) on 1116 and 1377 (SEN 2?), but splitting off for AFL coverage. One would expect the one VFL match each round broadcast on Aussie to move to 1377, as could some of the Saturday afternoon AFL Nation matches where the first half clashes with the last quarter of an earlier game.

2 Likes

So that will just split the existing SEN audience across 2 stations? What’s the point? And really is there enough content for a SEN 2.0 ?

2 Likes

Craig won’t have much to crow about on survey day by splitting the audience.

Are they not interested in selling airtime based on surveys? What alternative benchmark do they have? Shareholders should be concerned about this.

Of course not, very expensive folly.

Too many good personalities on 2UE at the one time pre 2002, better split the station? So much great music and shows getting the ratings on FOX, better split the station? Neither would seriously be considered.

3 Likes

Yep agree SEN name is a bit lame. I’ve always liked the US sports station names The Fan and The Team.

Or the station I listen to online from San Diego “The Mighty 1090”.

1 Like

Herald Sun reports today that Allen and Schwarz have dropped their claims against Crocmedia, after they signed with Macquarie Sports Radio to present the drive show with same hours and good pay.

Good pay at Macquarie Sports Radio? How long is that gonna last though. Might need to keep the lawsuit going for when MSR folds.

3 Likes

…is replying. Just save us please, it’s Saturday, day off thanks.

1 Like