SEN (Radio)

I think 3MP has too many connections with their old format - and be a turn off for people looking for a rock station.

I suppose if they promoted it right then it doesn’t matter as much.

3MP is dead. At least fix their transmitter or upgrade the power, it’s hardly receivable here now.

The station is better off with dead air sometimes. The frequency responce makes for a good station tho…

Can we have punk rock or perhaps alternative instead?

1 Like

They were allowed a power increase and a change to their directional radiation pattern to improve coverage around the time of MTR’s demise.

AFAIK they have never made use of it

1 Like

Correct, it’s a costly engineering change, they have never gone through with it as it was MRN’s proposal for PSN.

If it was done, I’m confident it would result in one of the best commercial signals from Melbourne, if not the best. The specs read well.

3 Likes

But if Pacific Star/Crocmedia launch Melbourne’s Own Classic Hits/Oldies Station just like BOG does with Fun Super Digi, it’ll be a DAB+ Exclusive.

If Classic Hits ever returns to Melbourne, I say DAB+

I don’t care about Classic Hits, I’m a Classic Rock man! :+1:

Classic Rock Melbourne will be broadcasting the A-League finals while the AFL is on SEN, starting this Friday (April 20) with Melbourne City taking on Brisbane Roar.

Spent a bit of time in the car today flicking between Aussie and Classic Rock Radio seems they’ve bought a few new CDs. Don’t think I’ve heard the following on Aussie before:

Richard Clapton - Get Back to the Shelter
Silverchair - Cemetery
Jon English - Hollywood Seven

Classic Rock seemed to have a fewer of the usual suspects too. Be interesting to see what their ratings would be like.

1 Like

SEN are still taking Macquarie National News and Macquarie Sports Radio are taking Crocmedia’s NRL and AFL Nations. Interesting crossover.

Also, I wonder what is said during Sports Reports? Can the Macquarie National News Jouro say like in Sydney, “…has told Macquarie Sports Radio”?

They’ve said for ages that it was said on 3AW, don’t see how saying Macquarie Sports Radio is much different.

It’s differet because they’re saying it on the opposition.

ABC Radio news always credit sound clips from other radio networks.

Um, 3AW are also the opposition. The opposition who have at least 3 or 4 times the listeners.
Maybe SEN would outlay $$$$ to provide their own news service if they were so concerned? Me thinks not.

1 Like

Had a little bit of a listen to KOOO…OOOL Digital on the way through Melbourne yesterday; they seem to play mostly disco and dance orientated classic hits. A notable track was ‘White Lines’ by Grandmaster Flash.

1 Like

Herald Sun reported last week Megan was initially barred from attending AFL tribunal hearings by new station owner Craig Hutchison to save money. When Dr Turf (John Rothfield) heard that, he forked out $200 of his own money to allow Megan to continue to go to the tribunal.

1 Like

Yep, all part of Hutchison’s cost cutting. Which is a shame, because Megsy was superb at the tribunal. Oh well, guess they can keep dribbling shit whilst the listeners slowly slide away.

Entry fee, travel cost or an insulting amount for her time?

$200 was for her travel cost.

New show The Odds Couple debuts on SEN tomorrow (Saturday June 16) at 8am.

1 Like