SEN (Radio)

Download an app that plays radio stations, most should allow the use of SEN.
I use one called Simple Radio on my tablet, otherwise just download the SEN app.

Who knows? Hopefully, cos he is as entertaining as a fart in a lift personally.

1 Like

No worries. It might also work through the Cricket Australia app.

I hope we can hear it on the old fashion radio. 1116 am is almost impossible to get here.

1107 am is right next door, but when I do get 1116 its 2GB from Queensland :).

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t think of the CA app.
I haven’t tried to pick up nighttime AM radio here in Hobart for years. Might have a crack at it, never know what you can find!

1 Like

Yep, not a fan, I think Rogers is the stand out of special comments there.

I thought the Cricket Australia app only covers matches played in Australia?

Makes sense, as it is the host cricket association/board that sells the media rights. Cricket Australia might have to pay to have coverage on its app from South Africa.

They have in the past carried Radio Sport’s commentary for matches played in NZ

Post your findings in the DX thread.

I remember being on hols in Queenstown pre FM for 7XS, scanned the car radio each night for signals with a bit more life in them, 7XS, independently owned, likely Steve Adermann, went to bed at 6/7pm with music.

The Media Release (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dPCnJgEFwhPJFQYpXvtPG6gxsJE1P7sn/view) says that the cricket can be streamed on the SEN app, so I assume it will work on any app that streams SEN

Cricket.
More ABC than MMM or Macquarie. Not yet ads after each over and just one commentator and one special comments. Line dropped out for a bit so played a few commercials.
Bonus is it’s available on analogue in Melbourne, not just digital.

Cricket Australia app carrying SEN.

2 Likes

It will be hard slog for Whateley who have to call the entire day’s play. It will have been better to have two commentators so they can take turns to rest their voice.

There’s a local chap, Brett Proctor.

The commentary roster:

The @SENNews Test Cricket team is ready for Day One. #SAvAus #Durban pic.twitter.com/wNIkH1FPr5

— Whateley (@WhateleySEN) March 1, 2018
1 Like

I am happy the cricket is on ABC grandstand digital. I thought we would miss out in Sydney on radio.

On the listen app, it’s a separate stream. I wonder if at times the cricket will be bumped for various footy codes with online the only option.

strong textSEN’s Cricket Coverage will be a success so mark my words more cricket will be on SEN

Spending a lot of coin at the minute, so it would want to be a bloody success! Personally, Whateley and Katich are the best cure for insomnia I’ve come across.
They also don’t have a deal with CA, so aren’t covering anything here as yet.

strong text Glenn c Smon Katich has been signed by SEN so no more ABC Grandstand for him

Really??? Have a look back a bit from earlier in the week where I not only said SEN were covering this series and that Katich was doing commentary… I also said he was as entertaining as a fart in a lift and a cure for insomnia, so clearly I am a huge fan…

Gerard Whateley has been forced to return to Melbourne to attend Fox Footy’s 2018 season launch tonight, according to today’s Herald Sun. Whateley was to present his SEN morning show from South Africa this week in between the first two cricket tests against Australia, but Fox Footy told Whateley’s management it was not acceptable. So he had to fly from Durban to Melbourne with stops at Johannesburg and Perth. Tomorrow (Thursday) morning he will fly from to Melbourne to Port Elizabeth via Johannesburg, and should arrive just in time for the start of the second test on Friday.

1 Like