openshop

Well, there goes any remaining hope (not that there was much) for a much needed 2nd HD channel from Seven! :confused:

It’s going to be interesting to see how they manage to fit in Seven in SD & HD along with 7TWO, 7mate, 7Flix, 7Food, RACING.COM and Open Shop - 7Flix might have to be switched back to MPEG4 along with this new one launching in that format?

2 Likes

No. It is a Korean news story about a Korean company. Local = Korean.

The motor company and shopping business were originally part of a large conglomerate that was broken up in 1997. There are numerous Hyundai named companies that have no to little legal relationship with each other.

5 Likes

@mvpmadsen Are there any Camera jobs going at the moment?

As Im a Camera Operator/Videographer myself & would be keen to apply if so.

3 Likes

embarrassed-guy

10 Likes

I tried to click the link earlier but it wouldn’t open in safari, so I assumed the link was dead, but just opened it Chrome & it now works & I see the CCU listing.

So the job is basically to vision mix & I have experience in that, as well as the Remote Control Cameras, so Im defiantly going to apply and see how I go.

I am in my mid 20’s, but its worth a shot still.

Ill be sure to keep you guys updated :wink:

3 Likes

They’ve uploaded a launch promo/behind the scenes video on their YT channel:

1 Like

2 Likes

Who the F signed off on that logo.

3 Likes

All it needs is some strobe effects

You would’ve thought after 4ME and Fresh Ideas TV they’d try something new.

4 Likes

Judging by that promo video, seems like there’s a number of ex-TVSN presenters involved with this new channel

4 Likes

when they’ve got a shopping empire throwing money at them for access to broadcast spectrum, how are they going to say no

5 Likes

With this Open Shop channel happening, will advertorials cease on shows like The Morning Show and The Daily Edition? :stuck_out_tongue:

I know that answer will be a NO, but always wishful thinking there. lol.

As much as we all don’t like these shopping channels popping up, if they are making money for the networks, then I don’t blame them for having them. Most of us flick past them anyway. haha.

6 Likes

I’ll probably watch Open Shop about as often as I tune into TVSN - virtually never. Might cop the very occasional glimpse while flicking through the channels but that’s about it really.

No doubt Seven will be having their fingers, toes and everything else crossed that their latest venture into the TV home shopping market performs better than 4ME & Fresh Ideas TV did!

Indeed. Same deal with the off-peak screenings of infomercials on the normal channels.

2 Likes

What typeface did they use to create the logo

Back in the country last night and re-scanned to find this has appeared on the Seven multiplex in Melbourne. Label is openshop - no LCN and no video at this stage

6 Likes

openshop has finally made a tentative appearance in the Seven Brisbane and regional Qld multiplexes.

Currently just an LCN and EPG but no transport stream associated. Some tuners are managing to pick it up. LCN 75 except Sunshine Coast north where it is 65.

Brisbane and surrounds

Sunshine Coast

2 Likes

It’ll be removed from my channel line up the moment it appears.

1 Like

For anyone at all interested, proof that there’s also space for Open Shop on the multiplex in Sydney:

%23OpenShop

Going by the EPG, it seems that the channel will launch at 12.30am on Thursday with the first (and presumably, pre-recorded) program being for the Oslo Frypan with a “Welcome” program at 7.30am.

2 Likes