Olympics Coverage - History

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Was Mel outside earlier? I do remember seeing her before Edwina came on but can’t remember if she was inside or outside.

No, Mel has always been inside hosting. She is outside when presenting sport in Sydney’s news though…

It is still an hour show in WA at least, probably because the snowboard cross final will be over by then.

By the way, well done Jarryd Hughes on his silver medal in the final!!! Still, I can’t help but feel a little disappointed that again we didn’t walk away with gold, even having 2 Aussies in the final.

1 Like

Cheers.
Maybe the sun hadn’t quite poked its head up enough for Mel given she does 9am-1pm ish Korean time?

1 Like

Jacqui Cooper working overtime commentating the Women’s Aerials. Basil Zempilas is practically useless. His commentary pretty much has consisted of describing the bloody obvious on the landings.

5 Likes

Um…

Jacqui Cooper: ‘She’s Chinese, they all look the same.’

No we don’t.

I wouldn’t have believed anyone said that, but…

https://twitter.com/zoenl/status/964102841517293568

2 Likes

and to think that I was going to complain that the worst thing about the coverage was poor event scheduling.

Christ.

To be fair, I think she was referring to the style of the individual Chinese athletes.

2 Likes

Maybe so, but it was very badly worded.

2 Likes

Oh dear Jacqui

Yes, but the social media age has created the perpetually offended, hanging on every utterance to become offended by.

1 Like

Statement which has since been deleted.

olympics

And Jacqui’s tweet.

5 Likes

People that know nothing about Aerials will say she was being racist.

2 Likes

Revised program for today Friday 16 February.

• Danielle Scott and Laura Peel seek gold in women’s aerials
  • Belle Brockhoff’s fairytale comeback from injury in Snowboard Cross

2 Likes

This behind-the-scenes video of the interview Hamish did with Shaun White yesterday provides a full look of Seven’s set

5 Likes

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/winter-olympics/jacqui-cooper-has-been-forced-to-defend-herself-after-seemingly-racist-comment-about-chinese/news-story/81678634c3e71736823e3e6e702ea558

As expected, News Corp has picked it up

1 Like

I captured this from that same video yesterday.

You can see on the host position monitor, the “Live & Free” (which if like the normal sport watermarks is attacted with the 7 / Olympics, comes from Seven).

So that is just like the tennis, coming from the production. Which makes sense, given they need to switch between “Live & Free” and “Sport” (delayed/recorded) regularly

5 Likes

Revised program for today Saturday 17 February.

• Aussie Aerial Skier David Morris chases the dream of another Olympic Medal
  • Brendan Kerry dares for another season’s best in the Men’s Figure Skating
  • A record nine Gold medals on the line

3 Likes