Rugby League

I was wondering who the Milk supporter(s) is/are.

Pleased to see the Milk has progressed and is not yet spilt.

And I am running out of fingernails with 18-18 at half time in the Sharkies v Cows.

How are the fingernails after extra time?

The fingers have gone too.
Now typing with my toes.
It’s not easy, let me tell you.

Great game though despite the result.

Valentine Holmes has done it for the Cowboys and have booked themselves into the preliminary final!

Nooooooooooooooooo !!!

:sob:

5 Likes

That was an unbelievable result, decided by a two point field goal from 42m out after two periods of extra time.

1 Like

Great game very exciting. Could’ve went either way.

1 Like

Great finals so far. Shame about my eels. We playing Canberra next week. Toss of a coin but Eels should win.

2 Likes

I think a lot will depend on Mitchell Moses and whether he can recover from his concussion in time. I don’t think they can beat Canberra without him if the Raiders produce the same kind of football as last night again.

2 Likes

The Rabbitohs have advanced to the semi finals where they beat the Roosters 30-14 at Allianz Stadium. The match was notable for 7 sin bins. Rabbitohs will play the Cronulla Sharks next week.

1 Like

Very happy to see the Chooks out the finals!

It was more like WWE out there, SEVEN players were sent to the sin bin (including some twice).

7 sin bins is a new NRL record. Four players suffered game-ending injuries inside the opening hour: three to failed HIAs, and one to a groin injury.

3 Likes

Including the Roosters most important player, captain James Tedesco.

They were going to find it hard to win without him from there on.

The NRL this evening announced the semi-final between Sharks and Rabbitohs at Allianz Stadium this Saturday (September 17) would kick off at 8pm. I think it was pushed back to avoid any potential extra time for the AFL preliminary final (Sydney v Collingwood) at the SCG next door, and also for crowd control purposes.

2 Likes

They could have played Sharks vs Rabbitohs at Accor (Homebush), but as it’s also Souths home ground, they probably wanted a more neutral venue.

Sunday afternoon could have been another option, but I imagine broadcasters wanted a night game, and Sunday afternoon could also have created a turnaround time issue for teams that progress to Week 3.

Also don’t get why Parramatta get to play at their home ground, that was supposed to be an advantage in Week 1 only?

1 Like

I think CommBank Stadium is one of the venues that can host week 2 finals under the NRL’s finals venue rule. Week 2 is home cities and week 3 is home regions.

4 Likes

True. Could have used CommBank, since there’s a big match at the SCG, next door to the SFS.

And Alex Johnson from Souths is now the fifth highest try-scorer in NRL history. He goes so much under the radar in the media.

3 Likes

Maybe they’re hoping some will go to both games?

1 Like

Aah, yes. That actually makes sense.

1 Like

Parramatta thrashed Canberra 40-4 in tonight’s semi-final at Commbank Stadium, and will face Cowboys in Townsville in next week’s preliminary final. It’s the first time since 2009 that Eels advance past week 2 of the finals.

Eels scored the first 22 points of the match and Raiders were never able to respond. Looks like last week’s win over Storm took so much out of Raiders.

2 Likes