Rugby League

Amid the discussion on where the NRL grand final should be held, we missed the news that the Bulldogs would have a new coach at the end of this season.

2 Likes

Mixed results for Queensland-based teams tonight. While Cowboys thrashed Warriors 48-4 in Townsville, Broncos were smashed 12-60 by Storm in Brisbane. It was Storm’s second highest score this year after they trounced Warriors 70-10 on Anzac Day.

It was a big sporting night in Brisbane with the local teams hosting Melbourne in both NRL and AFL, simultaneously.

3 Likes

And looking like another BIG win for Melbourne over Brisbane in that one too.

The Storm might even outscore the Lions as well.

1 Like

I kind of feel for Andrew Abdo who basically doesn’t do anything, despite being in the same role that Gillon is.

Yeah he’s always in PVLs shadow.

1 Like

Another nail-biting match tonight… Roosters 72. Tigers 6

Sam Walker kicked 12 goals from 12 attempts.

The Wests Tigers worst defeat ever.

3 Likes

The weekend of lopsided results has continued.

BIG wins today for Parramatta, Cronulla and the Roosters.

4 of the 5 games so far this round have had winning margins of over 30 points.

2 Likes

It was only Cronulla’s sixth win at Brookvale Oval (and their first at the venue since 2008).

2 Likes

The Canberra Raiders came from behind in todays 4pm game against Newcastle to keep their finals hopes alive.

Trailing 22-8 at half time, Canberra kept Newcastle scoreless in the 2nd half running out winners 28-22.

I’m guessing Ricky Stuart had a few choice words for his troops at half time to spark the comeback.

1 Like

Parramatta’s BIG 53-6 win over Brisbane tonight now means if Canberra beats Manly on Saturday, the Broncos will slip out of the eight with 1 round to go.

Brisbane then need to beat the Dragons and rely on last placed Wests Tigers either beating Canberra and/or making up the points differential (currently just 1 point).

3 Likes

A FEROCIOUS first half in Storm v Roosters.

Roosters were on fire for the first 25 mins and had all the ball before a Melbourne fight back reduced the gap to 14-8. Storm have done well to be only 6 down given all the ball and field position the Chooks had. Will be a very interesting 2nd 40…

1 Like

Roosters held on to defeat Storm 18-14, in front of a sell-out crowd at AAMI Park. Storm’s handling errors and lack of discipline cost the team dearly.

2 Likes

And the refereeing team loving the Roosters.

1 Like

Agree, they got the rub of the green alright.

1 Like

One very happy Sharkie here after today’s results, with Cronulla shutting out the Bulldogs 16-0, and Souths defeating the Cowboys 20-10.

This moves the Sharks up into outright 2nd position with one round to go and in the box seat to host 2 home finals as well as the double chance.

They only need to beat the Knights next week to lock that in, and with the game being up here in Newcastle, I will be there with bells on to cheer them on!

In the earlier game, Canberra have knocked the Broncos out of the 8 with a big 48-6 win over Manly. They also only need to beat the Tigers next week to lock in 8th spot (unless the Broncos somehow beat the Dragons by at least 43 points).

1 Like

Former Dragons and Knights player Tony Townsend died on August 22 at just 61. The NSW Police chief inspector was one of Newcastle’s foundation players in 1988.

3 Likes

I went to the match of the year between the Dragons and Tigers this afternoon at Commbank Stadium. Jokes side, it was 10th vs 16th. lol. I didnt expect much.

However… I was hoping that the Dragons were to beat the Tigers a little more convincedly than they did - after the Tigers lost by 66 points last week. Wasnt the case, as they won by 2 points. A wins a win, i guess.

On another note, today, Allianz Stadium was open to the public today for an “open day”. Stadium looks good/

3 Likes

My Sharkies will probably have a home final there (Week 3 I’m hoping :smile: ), I’m planning to go if that happens.

3 Likes
3 Likes