Rugby League

There’s gonna be a decider alright, NSW win Game 2.

1 Like

Queensland started off well but during the 2nd half, The Maroons have surrendered and simply outplayed by the Blues 44-12 at Optus Stadium.

1 Like

Yes, the 2nd half was a lot more one sided than i thought it would be, given how even the first half was.

Can’t wait for the decider! But for NSW, winning in Brisbane will be 10 times harder than winning in Perth.

Old logos :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Manly survived a late fightback by Melbourne to win tonight’s clash 36-30 at Brookvale Oval. The Sea Eagles were leading 36-12 with ten minutes to go.

1 Like
2 Likes

I thought they might win today, being a very emotional homecoming after playing all of their games in Australia for the last 2.5 years.

Well done to the Warriors.

2 Likes

The venue for the All Stars game has been announced as Rotorua next year - the first time outside Australia.

4 Likes

The All Stars game at Rotorua is one of the NRL’s plans to revive public interest in rugby league in New Zealand, after the Warriors had to spend more than two years playing home matches in Australia, due to border closures caused by COVID in both Australia and NZ.

As reported in The Sunday Telegraph yesterday, NZ is trying to lure Storm and several other Sydney-based clubs to shift home matches to Auckland during next year’s FIFA Women’s World Cup, with several venues in Sydney and Melbourne not available for up to nine weeks.

2 Likes
1 Like

One very happy Sharkie here after tonight’s 28-6 win over the Storm :grin:

Whilst both teams were missing Origin players. I think the Storm missed Munster and Harry Grant more than the Sharks missed Hynes and Talakai.

Cronullas defence was great though, particularly in the first half.

4 Likes

shockedbellamy.gif has earned a permanent spot in my collection

6 Likes

At least he’s not swearing and carrying on like he normally does!

Is passion not allowed?

While I agree that he shouldn’t have said it of course (well at a volume the ref could hear), it wasn’t so outrageous that the ref “couldn’t repeat it on camera” (he called him a “cheating bastard”). But I don’t understand what he was saying it about?

It’s a bit hard to hear, but just before the ref calls “shorten it”, you can here Smith say something like “f*** off sir”, beofre adding the “cheating bastard” comment. That would totally justify why it wasn’t repeatable.

1 Like

Yeah but what was Smith saying it about?

I didn’t hear that first part, sorry. Still, you could say “He told me to F off”.
The ref says “I’m not even going to repeat what he said” with such distain, you’d be justified in thinking he called him a racial or homophobic slur.

I’m not entirely sure what is was in reference to.

As to why he didn’t want to repeat it, there are probably a couple of reasons:

1. The referee appears to have taken the comment quite personally and doesn’t want to give it any airtime. It may not have been something akin to racism, but it is a direct attack on character and professionalism.

2. There is no real reason to bring it up on the field. All that matters is that he made an offensive comment directed at the ref that was worthy of 10 in the bin. All that is likely to start is an arguement over “he didn’t say that” or “so and so said something worse”.

1 Like

Yeah but it shouldn’t have elicited the disgust in his voice.

A bit of a bizarre Knights vs Bunnies game tonight, with Souths winning a high scoring game 40-28.

Newcastle had the early jump leading 16-6 before Souths responded with 5 unanswered tries to lead 34-16.

Knights prop David Klemmer was sent off right on full time for “unnecessary contact to the head” in a tackle on the ground against Koloamatangi, with whom he had a scuffle with a few minutes earlier.

The Knights defence was woeful at times, Souths made the most of their opportunities.

1 Like