Rugby League

Everyone in Australia could have the same argument, that they want the vaccine before anyone else in the general population so their life isn’t disrupted this year.

1 Like

Exactly. The Teachers Fed wanted us further up the list. Granted, we actually do valuable shit in the community, but we didn’t get what we wanted. If I got everything what I wanted, humanity would be in a hell of a lot of trouble. :wink:

He’s going to have to wait like everyone else.

It’s related to the travel bubble. Kiwis can travel to Australia (which is currently suspended for 72 hours after yesterday’s positive case) but Australians can’t travel to NZ.

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I said. You’d need NZ gov approval, not Aus.

The flood of NRL anti-vax players will be fun to watch if that happened, so many wouldn’t even get a flu shot.

I’m entirely fine with them ‘queue jumping’ though - other than the optics - it is logical that people who work in industries that make significant benefits to the economy and require travel, including internationally, should be some of the first to be vaccinated.

1 Like
2 Likes

Justin Rodski has been appointed CEO at Melbourne Storm.

Prior to this appointment, Rodski was the Chief Commercial Officer at Essendon Football Club. He also spent time as a Sport Journalist at the Nine Network.

3 Likes
2 Likes

It appears that the NRL have changed their tune and that Folau may be allowed to return, which is a complete turnaround from its previous stance that seemed to ban him from ever returning.

4 Likes

Seriously??? The Broncos have total Control of Brisbane Town in the Rugby League, with The Shitty Titans just down the Road.

2 Likes

I think there are a lot of supporters that will cross over to the 2nd Brisbane team, I don’t think the Broncos are popular as it really seems, some will be supporting them because they are the only local team and there was no other choice.

5 Likes

Long disillusioned Crushers supporters?

5 Likes

A few people might switch their allegiances from the Broncos to a 2nd Brisbane team, but most probably won’t unless the new team can poach some decent players from other clubs.

Re, Israel Folau: Not sure about Dragons fans but I’m personally disappointed to hear that he may be allowed another chance by the NRL. Surely this guy’s views go against all the values of diversity and inclusion that rugby league tries to promote itself as?

2 Likes

It depends on whether Izzy will change his ways or not.

But yes, he can’t go around making anti gay statements like that again.

He’s done his time, he deserves a second chance if he’s prepared to tone it down.

1 Like

Bring in Ipswich, East Brisbane, West Brisbane and South Queensland Crushers and be done with it :stuck_out_tongue:

As for Israel Foloau, he doesn’t deserve a shot in the NRL. Im a dragons fan, and he simply isnt a right fit for the club. Sure, he has been “quiet” while playing for the Catalans, but its only been a year. If he was quiet for a number of years, then it would be a different story.

I think there are a sizable amount of people from down south who want to watch footy but can not see themselves supporting the ponies.

I’m a storm supporter. I’ll never buy a broncos mebership but i would support a second team

1 Like

What About North Sydney Bears Returning to the NRL based in Perth?? Hello the Perth Bears.

The Daily Telegraph reports today there are four bids for the second Brisbane licence. What do you think of these names?
Brisbane Bombers (not to be confused with Essendon in the AFL)
Redcliffe Dolphins
Brisbane Firehawks
Western Corridor (based in Ipswich)

I haven’t heard of the name Firehawks until today.

The report says former South Sydney CEO Shane Richardson has been working behind the scenes for the past four months to help his old club Easts Tigers, who are backing the bid, to put together a highly-detailed business model.

The only decent one but they can do better.

Corridor is a very ordinary nickname. Probably the worst I have ever seen.

2 Likes