NRL on Nine

But the thing about Ray is that he hates flying. Maybe he may have to drive his car from Sydney to Adelaide Oval or perhaps take the Indian Pacific train.

2 Likes

Thursday night game in Wollongong may be his assignment for the week, assuming he gets through Origin 2 4 days earlier.

1 Like

Does anyone know who will be calling the ISP in 2018?

I’m thinking the likes of Tim Gilbert, Dan Ginnane, Mike Rabbitt, Pete Jolley and Frank Barrett are a few names I’d chuck in for the job.

WORLD CLUB CHALLENGE

MELBOURNE STORM VS LEEDS RHINOS

The champions of the two biggest rugby league competitions on the planet will face off in the World Club Challenge, broadcast LIVE and FREE on Nine’s Wide World of Sports on Friday, February 16.

Kick-starting a massive year of rugby league on Nine, the Melbourne Storm and their NRL premiership stars Billy Slater, Cameron Smith and Suliasi Vunivalu* are set to lock horns with the Leeds Rhinos, the reigning Super League champions, at AAMI Park in Melbourne.

Nine will broadcast the match live around the country from 7.30pm AEDT, including the main channel for Melbourne viewers, along with digital access for the first time on 9Now.

Nine’s Head of Rugby League, Simon Fordham, said: “We’re thrilled to be starting the year in Melbourne with the World Club Challenge in what is the first year of an exciting new broadcast deal for Nine and the NRL. It’s the first of nine Storm games that Melbourne viewers can enjoy on the main channel this season, not to mention the opening game of State of Origin, which returns to the MCG in June.

“For the first time, fans right across Australia will also get access to LIVE streamed rugby league matches on Nine via 9Now on all devices. It’s a huge year on the ‘Home of Rugby League’ and we can’t wait for it to start.”

Phil Gould will be joined in commentary by rugby league Immortals Andrew Johns and Wally Lewis, along with former Australian, Queensland and Broncos captain Darren Lockyer and the host, James Bracey.

Expert commentator Phil Gould said: “I’ve run out of superlatives for the Melbourne Storm. They continually set the standard in the NRL and face a new challenge in 2018 with the departure of Cooper Cronk and the emergence of Brodie Croft in his place.

“Playing this at home in Melbourne is a huge advantage. It’s a tough enough challenge for interstate NRL teams let alone a team from the north of England. Interestingly, the Leeds Rhinos are the Super League equivalent of the Storm with their run of success over the last decade.

“Unlike the highly structured style of modern-day NRL teams, the Rhinos like to play an expansive and unpredictable brand of football that may prove unorthodox to the Storm. It’s an interesting match-up and a great way to start rugby league in 2018.”

Live stream available on 9Now

Broadcast Times

Sydney 7.30pm LIVE on Nine
Brisbane 7.00pm LIVE on Nine
Melbourne 7.30pm LIVE on Nine
Adelaide 7.00pm LIVE on 9GEM
Perth 4.30pm LIVE on 9GEM

Good.

Is Ray Warren doing the match?

Given it’s in Melbourne, I’d say it’s unlikely.

He only seems to fly interstate for Origin games nowadays.

What I think of Ray is that his worst fears are flying. The state of Origin will be in Melbourne for Game 1 so he may more likely have to drive his car down from Sydney to Melbourne.

Alternatively, Ray Warren can take the train or coach from Sydney to Melbourne the day before Origin game 1.
I think Tim Gilbert will call next Friday’s World Club Challenge.

My money is on Mat Thompson.

The Storm currently have 11 games scheduled to air on Nine this season so wonder which two games won’t air on the main channel

1 Like

Is this going to be another year of trying to guess if Ray Warren will fly, drive, get the train or bus, or sail in a yacht?

2 Likes

He could ride down on a camel.

3 Likes

If Ray Warren does decide to retire, then Andrew Voss should be the play by play guy. If not him, Matt Thompson could do it.

3 Likes

There’s 2 Sunday 4pm games in what ch9 are airing, rest are night games. If I were to guess I’d say those two will be on 9Gem.

1 Like

Adelaide Oval has announced that it will hold a State of Origin clash in 2020. This will be the first time ever that Adelaide has hosted an Origin Series.

5 Likes

Correct, Mat Thompson is calling tonight’s World Club Challenge. Good crowd at AAMI Park with thousands of Leeds fans travelling from UK.

1 Like

How much did I win?

:smile:

:confetti_ball:

:moneybag:

5 Likes

Promo for NRL on Nine

6 Likes