NRL on Nine

About 10 years ago, Ray Warren would be my pick for best caller on NRL, but Matt Thompson and Warren Smith have passed him these days.

1 Like

Anyone know where I can find a recording of the entire Macklemore pre-game show? The web is littered with his performance of just the ‘Same Love’ song, but I’d like to see the entire thing again.

2 Likes

SOrry perth viewers, there was no post match talk. Michael thomson told Perth viewers that after the NRL Presentation they went straight to Nine News.

1 Like

Off topic, but I thought Richmond was a fairytale…

1 Like

Not as bad as Perth, but Adelaide messed up the timing and cut to Macklemore towards the end of his first song.

2 Likes

Okay, yes, but it was a much tigher game for longer.

There was more universal euphoria around the Dogs I thought.

found this:

part 1

You can see there’s a minor technical glitch at the start where his earpiece breaks up or something as he’s exiting the tunnel. Recovers quickly not long after though.

part 2

What on earth is universal euphoria? :no_mouth:

3 Likes

There wasn’t the intense excitement/happiness across Australia that we saw with the Western Bulldogs last year

Intense excitement across Australia???

I didn’t see one single person who showed any form of excitement about this last year… let alone intense excitement.

With this Luke means Melbourne of course. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Yes, because that 3.04m last year came from just one city of course … :disappointed:

4 Likes

At the end of last night’s telecast, host James Bracey did not mention the upcoming Rugby League World Cup to be held in Australia, NZ and PNG at the end of this month. Even though it will be produced by and shown on Seven, shouldn’t Nine show its support for the Kangaroos (Australian national team) given it aired the test match against NZ earlier this year?

Hmmmm… I’m not surprised that they didn’t mention it…

In many ways it wasn’t related or relevant to last night’s game, as the World Cup technically isn’t an NRL event.

Nine are claiming (via Buzz Rothfield) the kick-off time was always 7:30

on my runsheet, which was printed on Wednesday, it was listed as 7:28

1 Like

Yes, it was listed as 7.15pm on the NRL website, the NRL should have made Nine stick to that time.

@MarkHD I don’t understand why the NRL would give SCA a different time to that?

1 Like

So there’ll be Thursday NRL games on Nine for basically the whole season next year?

We won’t be sure until the NRL releases the 2018 fixture before the end of this year.

2 Likes