NRL on Nine

No - does not apply to Nine’s (or ABC) channels

As already posted SOO was number one OzTAM show of 2015

Sorry if I missed the original discussion in another thread, but this sounds bizarre? Could you please elaborate :smiling_face:

Well there you go! The SOO has beaten the AFL GF in metro ratings! I think it quite commonly comes close (if not beats) the AFL and NRL Grand Finals in national ratings, but to beat the AFL in metro is quite the achievement.

A snippet of Delta Goodrem’s NRL coverage theme song The Score was shown during the cricket pre match tonight. It is up on Twitter for anyone who missed it.

I think there is an Origin match in Perth in 2019 at the new Burswood stadium.

Even though that will probably be played at 5.30pm WST, it has a chance of being on 9/9HD there.

1 Like

You’d think Nine could have mentioned coverage on GEM for non NRL states somewhere in their release about the NRL season as well as not just listing only Sydney times for everything.

5 Likes

The video for Delta Goodrem’s The Score was posted on Wide World of Sports’ social media accounts earlier tonight, one week out from the 2017 season opener. You can see it here
Reactions have been mixed so far. Delta fans obviously love it while others reckon it is a rip-off of Carrie Underwood’s song for NFL Sunday Night Football on NBC. Thoughts?

1 Like

It is very reminiscent of the Carrie Underwood or Faith Hill SNF on NBC song, thought of it straight away when I saw the NRL ad.

I like it the background graphics look sharp.

DELTA LAUNCHES NINE’S 2017 RUGBY LEAGUE SEASON

‘THE SCORE’ RELEASED AHEAD OF 2017 NRL SEASON ON NINE

Australian singing sensation and popular coach on Nine’s The Voice, Delta Goodrem, has headlined Nine’s Wide World of Sports 2017 NRL season launch campaign with the release of ‘The Score,’ leading up the start of round one on Thursday night.

Speaking on the release of the new rugby league anthem Goodrem said: “I love sports and I was excited to write a song, The Score, for Nine’s rugby league coverage to use for the 2017 season.”

Tom Malone, Nine Network Director of Sport, said: “Delta has absolutely nailed it. We asked her for an original song – a big rugby league anthem – and she’s delivered in spades. It’s big, bold and sexy and will appeal to all age groups. I can’t wait for fans to hear it.”

Video: Promo - Nine’s 2017 Rugby League Anthem - Delta Goodrem, The Score

Released on air by the Nine Network yesterday, Goodrem wrote and performed the song for the Nine Network in association with the NRL.

NRL SEASON 2017: THE BIG KICK-OFF ON CHANNEL NINE

• 2017 NRL TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP – ROUND 1

Cronulla Sharks vs Brisbane Broncos Thursday, March 2, at 7.30pm LIVE
South Sydney Rabbitohs vs Wests Tigers Friday, March 3, at 7.30pm LIVE
Manly Sea Eagles vs Parramatta Eels Sunday, March 5, at 3.30pm LIVE

• NRL FOOTY SHOW – Returns with the footy on Thursday, March 2, with live action before, during and after the blockbuster season opener at Southern Cross Group Stadium between the Cronulla Sharks and Brisbane Broncos.

• SPORTS SUNDAY – The Wide World of Sports brand new sports panel program, Sports Sunday, premieres Sunday, March 5, at 10.30am AEDT, LIVE on Nine. Sports Sunday will be a frank and open debate about all the issues in the week of sport, headlined by Australia’s leading sports personalities and opinion-makers including Peter FitzSimons, Liz Ellis, Michael Slater and Neil Breen, with regular appearances from big sports stars – past and present – such as Michael Clarke, John Steffensen, David Warner and Candice Warner.

• SUNDAY NRL FOOTY SHOW – Returns Sunday, March 5, with new host James Bracey and panellists Andrew Johns, Darren Lockyer and Brad Fittler.

** Check local guides for details. Times will differ.

2 Likes

Once again for Queensland viewers the Qld Cup (yes I know it’s sponsored but it’s easier to differentiate it in this way from the NSW Reserve Grade comp that Fox shows) is on 9 again. Earlier start times for the first month of the season with the NRL games starting somewhere just after 3PM Qld Time (we know it isn’t a 4PM EDST start when 9 are host broadcaster). Schedule as follows.

ROUND 1: Redcliffe vs Burleigh (Dolphin Oval), 12:40 AEST Kickoff
ROUND 2: Ipswich vs Townsville (North Ipswich), 12:40 AEST
ROUND 3: Tweed vs Wynnum (Stradbroke Island), 12:40 AEST
ROUND 4: Easts vs Nthn Pride (Langlands Park), 12:40 AEST
ROUND 5: Redcliffe vs Ipswich (Dolphin), 1:40 AEST from this date as Daylight Savings ends that morning
ROUND 6: Burleigh vs Tweed (Pizzey Park)
ROUND 7: Easts vs Wynnum (Langlands)
ROUND 8: TBD
ROUND 9: Mackay vs Norths (Mackay)
ROUND 10: TBD
ROUND 11: Townsville vs CQ Crappas…I mean Capras (Jack Manski Reserve, Townsville)
ROUND 12: Tweed vs Redcliffe (Piggabeen)
ROUND 13/14 TBD
ROUND 15: Wynnum vs Norths (Kougari Oval)
ROUND 16 TBD
ROUND 17: Nthn Pride vs Mackay (Barlow Park)
ROUND 18: TBD but Easts vs Mackay (Langlands) is the only game scheduled for Sunday at this stage
ROUND 19-25 TBD (Rounds 20-26 still to be scheduled, one of these rounds which I believe to be Round 20 is also Country Week, Round 21 has only Wynnum vs Easts scheduled for Sunday, Round 23 only has Souths Logan vs Easts at Davies Park on Sunday)

Aesthetically the only changes are that Ipswich is now a Broncos affiliate and the Capras are now a Titans affiliate. It now means the affiliations are

BRONCOS: Norths, Wynnum, Souths Logan, Ipswich
TITANS: Burleigh, Tweed, Capras
COWBOYS: Pride, Townsville, Mackay
STORM: Sun Coast, Easts
STAND ALONE: PNG

2 Likes

Good balance now between the 4 NRL teams and their feeders. I doubt the Capras will get many Titans players.
I see a lack of Easts games which is rare as they seem to love taking games at Langlands Park.
Also wonder who the main caller will be if May Thompson does more NRL games, maybe Peter Psaltis or hopefully Mike Rabbitt

Given that the Crappas only ever got 2 players when they were a Bronco affiliate (Dave Taylor was useless, Ben Hunt was a kid) I’m not holding my breath that anyone would be shunted north.

##SIX TACKLES WITH GUS

NINE’S NEW NRL PODCAST

Premieres Today Wednesday 1 March

AVAILABLE AT NINE.COM.AU/PODCASTS

On the eve of the 2017 NRL season Nine will premiere Six Tackles, a new weekly podcast with Phil Gould and James Bracey that tackles the six biggest issues in rugby league each and every week.

Six Tackles will launch today, Wednesday, March 1, in a new initiative for Nine’s Live and Free rugby league coverage.

Hosted by Nine’s new rugby league host, James Bracey, Six Tackles will probe the entertaining, spectacular and often controversial world of rugby league, giving fans even more access to the biggest and best names in the game.

Joining Bracey for the discussion is champion rugby league coach and Nine commentator, Phil Gould, who will offer his expert insight, candid opinion and analysis on the most topical stories each week.

Never far from the action, Bracey, in combination with Gould, one of the most influential minds in the game, will produce a no-holds-barred look at rugby league aimed at encouraging more debate among fans.

Podcast available for download here: Podcasts

Listen and subscribe at nine.com.au/podcasts, or via 9WWOS and iTunes

2 Likes

Is this to compete with 7s one 7th tackle which is also a podcast

Phil Gould at least has an intimate knowledge of rugby league as a player, coach, club manager and commentator. Josh Massoud is just a Danny Weidler wannabe.

1 Like

Yeah that is definitely true

What is with all this podcast bs now? First with Married at First Sigh & now this…

Different platforms mate. Spread the brand around.

1 Like

Nine’s NRL ad inventory is almost full for March.

They’ve picked up a nunber of new sponsors & overall higher revenue than last year. First broadcast is tomorrow night, head-to-head with the first Fox League simulcast: