NRL coverage

I guess Jason Costigan is a caller of the game (according to Wikipedia) Laurie Spina was on the sideline last night. A shame, we may not know why he was sacked. I guess being expelled from Liberal party might provide clues. I suppose politics can be a dirty game and the ABC was aware of his employment history ,must of been something else, we may never find out. I prefer the ABC being at the grounds it just adds something to the coverage the others cannot from the studio.

I hate when anyone calls from the studio, happens far more regularly now days.

4 Likes

An example where its great being at the ground, whilst a different sport, at the Cricket in Pakistan, the commentators describe the surroundings better. For example the birds of prey flying above the ground (in Lahore) . To me that adds to the magic of radio (esp Cricket commentary) , plus they describe the weather how hot it is etc. I love that especially with test cricket. SEN are doing a great job with the cricket.

If you are in studio it is less likely that will be discussed. Back on topic, with the NRL its really nice to hear the callers back at the grounds.

2 Likes

NRL Nation coverage for Round 3

Triple M coverage for Round 3

1 Like

5 radio stations in Sydney calling the Brisbane v Nth Qld game. A bit overkill.

1 Like

Why? Why shouldn’t they take a game, just because someone else is?

2 Likes

Just seems like with two out-of-state teams playing, is there many listeners to go around in Sydney to make the coverage viable for each station?

Wasn’t as though there were any other games on at the same time to call…

1 Like

NRL Nation coverage for Round 4

I think the match start time for Storm v Bulldogs is incorrect.

Triple M coverage for Round 4

1 Like

No its correct.

Shouldn’t broadcast start time be earlier than the match start though? In the case of Storm v Bulldogs, broadcast start should be at 4pm, with the kick off at 4.05pm.

3 Likes

NRL Nation coverage for Round 5

1 Like

So NRL Nation only cover 4ish games a round? While the other -Nation brands cover most/all games?

Believe that’s as many as their commentary package allows.

2 Likes

Drury Forbes on his first SEN assignment.

1 Like

He’s been doing a great job for QRL the last couple of years.

2 Likes

It’d be good if the Warriors Cowboys game was called by Andy Raymond from the ground.
Good to see them call the NRLW grand final though.

1 Like

Sounds so much like the Channel 9 commentators (Thompson and Psaltis) it’s not funny.

1 Like

He would’ve been working quite closely with Peter Psaltis at QRL media

1 Like

NRL Nation coverage for Round 6 (Easter round)

Triple M coverage for Round 6

NRL Nation coverage for Round 7

Triple M coverage for Round 7

2 Likes